Corner beads

Members online

No members online now.

Kylie10

Hello

before lockdown I was completig a privateplastering course. But now Its stopped temporarily I’m looking to keep at it at home until we can go back

I’m going to render my external garden wall.On my course I was shown to apply corner beads onop of the scratch coat? But on all tutorials I’ve seen, they’re applied before any render is applied

can someone please advice me I what’s best!! And if it’s before, how does this workso that the 2 coat render doesn’t end up flowing out over the beed in thickness!! Ahhh hopefully someone can help! Thank you :)

Hello

before lockdown I was completig a privateplastering course. But now Its stopped temporarily I’m looking to keep at it at home until we can go back

I’m going to render my external garden wall.On my course I was shown to apply corner beads onop of the scratch coat? But on all tutorials I’ve seen, they’re applied before any render is applied

can someone please advice me I what’s best!! And if it’s before, how does this workso that the 2 coat render doesn’t end up flowing out over the beed in thickness!! Ahhh hopefully someone can help! Thank you :)

If the wall needed floating out (dubbing) then you would apply this coat on then stick your beads on but if the wall is pretty straight and as you want it then stick teh beads on a scratch away.

Dont try and over complicate things

Thank you! I’ve had a look at buying some beads, the ones at 20mm I suppose are best for putting straight into the wall, and the smaller ones at 10mm I assume are best to apply after the scratch coat has been applied? Would you say it matters either way though asking as the beed is there?

Hello

Drip beads first, then scratch coat, then angle beads then topcoat.
That’s all you’re getting for free!
Send the next cheque in the post. :tanguero: