Cordless, impact driver, collated, screw gun

Members online

My hilti is one of the best tools I own but at the same time I f**k**g hate it because cant stand boarding I might sell the c**t

Galv clouts and 16oz estwing!
Not really, I hate hate hate impact drivers though. Should be left at mechanic garages

Impact driver for me. Used a Bosch 10.8v for about 6 yrs, which is perfect in this scenario, but its just recently waved the white flag. Use mainly Makita tools, so just bought 18v one.

It boils my piss following lads and taking out all there miss fires and screws that have pierced boards.

They moan and call me a dinasour because I still just use a standard cordless for overboard and only use collated on bare studs.

They look fast but I spend just as long behind them tidying there s**t up.

Tortoise & hair I think!
Hairy tortoise

Whenever I overboard I'm forever having to angle screws to catch joists or maybe catch end of a lathe etc.

What do all you that use collated & screwguns even impact drivers do?

Do you just use a standard cordless in those areas?

I think probably 30% of the screws you have to put in on overboard are touchy feely/f**k about screws either that or I'm just s**t or unlucky!
s**t, string a chalkline.

If you have a 6 x 3 that weighs 22kg you've either never picked up a 6 x 3 or your just a knob who doesn't know what hes talking about
ha ha, got mixed up, when you said you use 6x3 thought you meant timber to prop up plasterboards.
I sometimes use couple of pieces of 3x2 so was wondering how you knew the weight of a length of 6x 3?

Even so, no real difference in waste with 6x 3 or 8x4, too much nonsense put up on here lately by plastic spreads, coursers and skimmers who talk a lot rubbish about a basic skill set taught in a few weeks or by another unqualified mentor.
Blind leading the blind.
The true spreads on here who can float, lay screed floors run cornice don't need to talk about how to put up a board or what type of plastic trowel is best.
Need to get back to work, the lockdown is scrambling your brains.
Four different threads on different skim coat and how some are struggling to work with a different brand.
Unbloody believable!

Last edited:
Even so, no real difference in waste with 6x 3 or 8x4, too much nonsense put up on here lately by plastic spreads, coursers and skimmers who talk a lot rubbish about a basic skill set taught in a few weeks or by another unqualified mentor.
Blind leading the blind.
The true spreads on here who can float, lay screed floors run cornice don't need to talk about how to put up a board or what type of plastic trowel is best.
Need to get back to work, the lockdown is leading scrambling your brains.
Four different threads on different skim coat and how some are struggling to work with a different brand.
Unbloody believable!
No more waste with smaller boards?

if you have 2oomm waste at the end of a three foot wide board or 200mm at the end of a four foot, which board has the most waste? discuss.

Blind leading the blind.
Need to get back to work, the lockdown is scrambling your brains.
Unbloody believable!
I'm floating a refurb il have you know nxt week mr tapit :coffe: floating is a piece of piss

if you have 2oomm waste at the end of a three foot wide board or 200mm at the end of a four foot, which board has the most waste? discuss.
If you can't figure that out I worry for you

I dont care about waste,if it's a tight staircase and jobs upstairs I get 6x3,if I'm working on my own I get 6x3 if I'm working downstairs with somebody I get 8x4,if I'm working upstairs with somebody and big wide staircase I get 8x4..who cares about waste,I'm not paying for the gear the customer is

#notarealspread

Discuss that!
20200609_105932.jpg