Cordless, impact driver, collated, screw gun

Members online

zombie

Private Member
What's you preference for refurb work for over boarding shity ceilings?

Cordless
Impact driver
Collated
Screw gun

Over boarding cordless drill driver, new studs collated (both dewalt).
Used to use impact but noise drove some customers nuts.

I like impact tells you if you got a good fix .

It boils my piss following lads and taking out all there miss fires and screws that have pierced boards.

They moan and call me a dinasour because I still just use a standard cordless for overboard and only use collated on bare studs.

They look fast but I spend just as long behind them tidying there s**t up.

Tortoise & hair I think!

It boils my piss following lads and taking out all there miss fires and screws that have pierced boards.

They moan and call me a dinasour because I still just use a standard cordless for overboard and only use collated on bare studs.

Tortoise & hair I think!
Definitely

Collated to hold then impact it,why would you want to stand there with a board on ur head doing 1 screw at a time with a screwgun,collate it then any poppers counter screw it with impact..thread closed

Your welcome
Buy a board lifter, or if monies abit tight for you get a couple of props

Tortoise & hair I think!
Dont think I.ve ever used a collared gun on a over board

Trouble is with collatted if the ceilings pissed collatted guns te d to not quite catch the joists and the screws pop like fuk

Yep, depending on how badly pissed they are.

If anything over 50 to 55mm is needed collated is not worth it. If its that badly out, like some of the shitty lathe and plaster lids or with a heavy texture, I wouldn't even bother with it (collated), I'd price it accordingly to take a bit longer with the impact.

Yep, depending on how badly pissed they are.

If anything over 50 to 55mm is needed collated is not worth it. If its that badly out, like some of the shitty lathe and plaster lids or with a heavy texture, I wouldn't even bother with it (collated), I'd price it accordingly to take a bit longer with the impact.
Yes thars my method aswell

Im going festool next time. Impact wakes the dead and I can't stand it. I was putting 6 inch screws in timber with standard festool at trade show. For domestics I think that's all you need and probably site. . Just got to stump up the cash. Oh. Festool don't make impact although they were considering making one. They say you just need a powerful drill which they are and lightweight too.. Well that's my thinking. Doubt some will agree. I'm going to look now to see if they can have started selling impact

Im going festool next time. Impact wakes the dead and I can't stand it. I was putting 6 inch screws in timber with standard festool at trade show. For domestics I think that's all you need and probably site. . Just got to stump up the cash. Oh. Festool don't make impact although they were considering making one. They say you just need a powerful drill which they are and lightweight too.. Well that's my thinking. Doubt some will agree. I'm going to look now to see if they can have started selling impact
Have u used a festool collated? I dont like them.dsnt feel like theres much power in them and there release the screw on push so u dont press trigger if time serves me right,was about 4 years ago

They do mate

I was offered one recently. I think it was t id 18

Just come out
Supposed to be the nuts, not a bad price either for festool.

They had one years ago that was shite.
This one is a big jump up apparently.

I'll find a link.

Tortoise & hair I think!
I'm same zombie, no collated for overboard

Whenever I overboard I'm forever having to angle screws to catch joists or maybe catch end of a lathe etc.

What do all you that use collated & screwguns even impact drivers do?

Do you just use a standard cordless in those areas?

I think probably 30% of the screws you have to put in on overboard are touchy feely/f**k about screws either that or I'm just s**t or unlucky!

Whenever I overboard I'm forever having to angle screws to catch joists or maybe catch end of a lathe etc.

I think probably 30% of the screws you have to put in on overboard are touchy feely/f**k about screws either that or I'm just s**t or unlucky!
Only have to angle screws zombie on the ends as there usually tight

I batton and board it, doesn’t take much longer and you set it for your board size. Unless it’s a hallway.