converted

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

markyspread

hiya chaps, i have just been converted to board finish after years of multi finish, i find it produces a nice tighter finish and i am not stood around waiting for the bloody gear to pick up, especially over skimming poxy artex, just interested as to what you boys use?

Board board board board.
It's awesome when you change over from shitty multi to board.
I changed about 18months ago. Never looked back

board all the time unless the builder has bought multi.I always ask for board finish at the merchants.

grand wizard said:
used it about ten years ago great stuff do they still make it

WORKED OVER THERE ABOUT 5 YRS AGO, CANT REMEMBER WOT THEY CALLED THE FINISH THEN BUT THE BAGS WERE EXACT SAME DESIGN/LOGO TO MULTI. I THINK USING IRISH WATER HELPS ASWELL ;)
feckin caps lock
25 yrs ago it use to be gyplite and gypweld finish from wot i remember

irish_spread said:
grand wizard said:

WORKED OVER THERE ABOUT 5 YRS AGO, CANT REMEMBER WOT THEY CALLED THE FINISH THEN BUT THE BAGS WERE EXACT SAME DESIGN/LOGO TO MULTI. I THINK USING IRISH WATER HELPS ASWELL ;)
(french word)in caps lock

I like Irish water especially in me Guinness ;)
Oh board finish for me aswell

used it on some flats opposite chelsea football ground some of the ceilings 70m2 got it on no probs front room ceilings were 140m2

irish_spread said:
grand wizard said:

(french word)in caps lock
the call it skimcoat instead of multi

havnt used board for years, gonna give it a try if things pick up a bit. when bg had the problems in the
new factory yrs ago and u couldnt get plaster me dad in ire arranged for an artic load of plaster for
me local asian ( ;) ) merchants. I naturally got ' special price my friend' deal. Found it hard to
use at 1st but after that it was the nuts.
They should have covered the top bags on the artic i suppose ;D

grand wizard said:
thats when we used it and lafarge super skim which was (german word)e

qUESTION
Did a job 4 bdl bout that time, cant rem the name of the white skim they used but it may
have been 'black band' by knauf or lafarge- was like skimming with ames. same stuff?

yeah it was knauf finish we used it on a big job for taylor woodrows when we worked for johnathon james i thought it was great stuff knauf used to come to site and say what do you think first batch was shite then next stuff would get better as they started adding a bit more clay it was the first job ever done in knauf plaster in uk

grand wizard said:
yeah it was knauf finish we used it on a big job for taylor woodrows when we worked for johnathon james i thought it was great stuff knauf used to come to site and say what do you think first batch was (german word)e then next stuff would get better as they started adding a bit more clay it was the first job ever done in knauf plaster in uk

BDL were getting a 15% backhander (maybe it was c+g) but it was murdeR just trying to cover the scrim.
GOOD THING WAS U COULD THROW ON 80M and it would hang around. caps lock fecked. Stepney is a hole,
im just up the road from there

Taylor woodrow were getting £60 a unit for using that knauf finish. Apparently that money paid everyone a massive bonus at the end of the year and a free piss up.

Oh yeah and board finish for me

irish_spread said:
havnt used board for years, gonna give it a try if things pick up a bit. when bg had the problems in the
new factory yrs ago and u couldnt get plaster me dad in ire arranged for an artic load of plaster for
me local asian ( ;) ) merchants. I naturally got ' special price my friend' deal. Found it hard to
use at 1st but after that it was the nuts.
They should have covered the top bags on the artic i suppose ;D
BG were waaaayyy behind schedule on the Barrow on Soar upgrade - hence the delay and lack of plaster, BG saw it coming many months before and might have been nice to let the industry know??
Does anyone think Knauf boards are better than BG?

You must be in NW catchment area - it's not bad stuff coming out of Kirkby Thore, but round here it's diabolical at the mo. If it's not damp then it's overcooked and the paper's peeling off!!

Whilst you were working for them I bet you robbed a pocket full of finish every day and kept it all in a massive warehouse and now that you have left you are the reason for the decline in prices as you have no need to price for plaster! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.