contractors

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

Private Member
any of you contractors been doin any "all risk" contracts and if so are they working out ok or not worth it , seems to be the norm now , just seems the main contractors trying to squeeze prices down again!

where you take all the patching ,extras etc on the chin over the length of the contract,seems that alot of main contractors is asking for this now,

why on earth would anyone take on something they cant possibly cost up????
a sparky could put the wrong cables in the wrong places in 10 houses and u gotta put right a weeks work for nothing ???
i dont think so.Prices arent that great.

I just finished a job and I did all the extras for nothing but it was a good price so I didnt mind.

Thats just crazy if that's what they expect you to do .....

i think it depends on the job, bloke ive been working for is bein caned on one site , theres holes every were , bay windows missing ,front doors missing, gotta come back on em for nothing, trouble is if thats what the main contractors after they usually get it , it just gets knocked off the subbies price,

Depends on the price your getting and what pecentage of that your going to get knocked for, if there are loads of other trades on site which can effect you beware pesonaly i think it is a pee take but most jobs are like that now.Cant remember exactly now but i did post on this before, the company i worked for earlier in the year lost a lot of money on a no risk contract but didnt seem to bothered about it so it was obviously covered by the price.
Lucius

you gotta supply decent a job at the end of the day, any snagging if you as a contractor are liable will be picked up by you, its expected if its damage caused by another trade then its an extra if you have have to re-visit outside of the programme/schedule then you must decide why and if the reason is outside of your control or terms of contract then always try to get paid for the work notice the word TRY

Status
Not open for further replies.