contractor commercial rates @ tender level

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
anyone know the standard rates a major contractor would price a job at for sq m skimm? labour in lpool n manchester is around £3 sq but what are they charging the likes of mcalpines or carillion or any major construction co. none of the contractors i work for will tell me anything about money. i am interested in knowing what they charge for us on a sq for labour and what they charge on a day rate. you will normally get £120/day or bit more if your good but still alot of tight gits paying around £100/day but what do they charge the builder? i recon they can afford to give us a bit more than £3 and i always say a ceiling should be a bit more, not the same as walls!!! thoughts please ppl. a good job that is well organised will pay at £3 sq but its about time the subbie rates went up. the cost of living goes up every year? and to the contractors paying their subbies the £2.25 sq rate from ten years ago sort your greed out...

unfortunatley its a sign of the times most of it can be blamed on the imigrants im affraid driving down the price much like they did in the it industry fact is it will come back to bite the contractors as they will either all dissapeer off home when theyve made there fortunes or will see that there getting peanuts and want more thus driving prices back up i still get 5 a metre from local builders so try down that route.

In general house bashing tends to be lower (£3 m2 here too)  whereas commercial offices, airport etc..  will be higher rates because of working heights, material's to 7th floor and generaly higher spec. I remember a contractor paying £4.50 m2 at Gatwick airpot for 3.5m high walls a few years back. but wasnt as good as it sounds.
Plastering  drylining/ contractors work around a 20-30% markup  similar for dayworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.