Conservatory

Members online

Tinytom

Iv dropped on a free conservatory, never put 1 up before though has anyone got any tips?

Doddle.
One tip is...don't tap in the glazing beads with a hammer...you can scratch the upvc and glass to fook. Tap a little piece of slate lat onto the bead or use a plastic hammer.

I think that was useful!!

we took a conservatory down , moved it and rebuilt it. it took 2 people 1 day to remove, 1 day to load and unload the sections then 3 of us 5 days work to rebuild.
draw a plan of the conservatory with measurements, take a few photos before you remove.
when you set out your base for your building make sure it is square or the roof will be a problem.
we kept the sections as large as poss, removing all the glass to keep the weight down.

Iv dropped on a free conservatory, never put 1 up before though has anyone got any tips?

Are you taking it down? Easiest way as you won't have bits missing and you'll know how it came apart.
They're pretty simple, just mechano. Get someone to help and a few bits of wood for props.
They are made to fit so make sure you've got enough space for the footprint and height at the apex.

Youtube it if in doubt.

Doddle.
One tip is...don't tap in the glazing beads with a hammer...you can scratch the upvc and glass to fook. Tap a little piece of slate lat onto the bead or use a plastic hammer.

Or get some advice off someone who's done one before

Are you taking it down? Easiest way as you won't have bits missing and you'll know how it came apart.
They're pretty simple, just mechano. Get someone to help and a few bits of wood for props.
They are made to fit so make sure you've got enough space for the footprint and height at the apex.

Youtube it if in doubt.
Yeah I’m taking it down with the lad who’s giving it away he’s a joiner so shouldn’t be too bad.
Iv done loads of windows and doors so I’m ok with the beading thanks @CeeVee it was mainly the roof I was thinking about. I’m sure we’ll work it out.
@essexandy sorry mate was having a bad day

Para conservatory building - what could possibly go wrong?

crooked-house.jpg

Used to do the bases years ago - I presume you are building the base? There's nothing that's not just common sense about them. If it were me, I'd get a proper fitter to assemble the box. That way, you won't get caught out with any tricks of the trade that you might miss. It won't take him long and you'd probably struggle on your own anyway.

I
Yeah I’m taking it down with the lad who’s giving it away he’s a joiner so shouldn’t be too bad.
Iv done loads of windows and doors so I’m ok with the beading thanks @CeeVee it was mainly the roof I was thinking about. I’m sure we’ll work it out.
@essexandy sorry mate was having a bad day
I found your reply funny mate and exactly what I deserved.

Doddle.

Don't listen to him. Use the sledge.