condensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

We've started to get a couple of damp spots around the house. 2 on the bedroom ceiling, 1 small one in the bathroom ceiling and now I've noticed 2 small patches in the recently painted dining room on the external wall. (which is a small extension). I've checked in the loft and the ceilings are bone dry where the stains are. There is no ventilation in this house what so ever, I've been leaving windows on half lock thinking that would be enough. Obviously not. Would you say this is the main cause of the staining? If so I thought I'd just just drill some 100mm holes, use some 100mm pipe and stick a vent on externally and internally.Will that fix it or have I got other problems?

We've started to get a couple of damp spots around the house. 2 on the bedroom ceiling, 1 small one in the bathroom ceiling and now I've noticed 2 small patches in the recently painted dining room on the external wall. (which is a small extension). I've checked in the loft and the ceilings are bone dry where the stains are. There is no ventilation in this house what so ever, I've been leaving windows on half lock thinking that would be enough. Obviously not. Would you say this is the main cause of the staining? If so I thought I'd just just drill some 100mm holes, use some 100mm pipe and stick a vent on externally and internally.Will that fix it or have I got other problems?

If you do that steve make sure you put a plug of off insulation in the vents, so that they only work under positive pressure, otherwise cold draughts mate (not too dense an insulation though)

Seen this far too many times Beddy, what you have got there is Droozle mate. :-0

Have a look here at this link for more info:
:RpS_thumbup:

Droozle

Last edited:
I was thinking the same JJ fat peaple do bring on this problem on. I would think it is more to do with air flow you need a dew point meter Mr Beddy.

I cored a 4" hole into a damp wall, but not right through to the plaster, bunged a vent cover on it and it dried the wall out without the draught :RpS_thumbup:

get a good extractor in the bathroom, I get the same problem this time of year, spray the black spots with mould spray from homebase,

Status
Not open for further replies.