concrete

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

potatoe

evening chaps! :) a client wants me to lay a slap of concrete down for a shed base. how deep should i dig? would i need to hardcore first? plastic sheeting as a damp barrier? shes a bit fussy and i want to be bang on the right process of doing it. there is also a big f*** off tree about four metres from the intended plot. problem? shed will be timber i suspect. :'(

cheers dudes

evening chaps! :) a client wants me to lay a slap of concrete down for a shed base. how deep should i dig? would i need to hardcore first? plastic sheeting as a damp barrier?  shes a bit fussy and i want to be bang on the right process of doing it. there is also a big f*** off tree about four metres from the intended plot. problem? shed will be timber i suspect.  :'(

cheers dudes

concrete needs to be 75mm and a sub base of 75mm, either gravel and sand or crushed stone or brick on firm subsoil, if the soil is clay or peat increase the thickness by 50%

bout the tree mate,watched some lads nokin a big garden wall up amonth or so ago,some trees on the next property were close and couldnt be touched.the footings were dug two foot deeper tree side and poly sheets droped in as a root barrier nocked a couple copper nails in any roots they did see.

copper nails?? kill the roots and send them off in anther direction? this tree is supposed to three hundred years old!!!! digging!!!im yet to price it. seems straight forward but want to do the best job i can as she has been messed about a bit. 150mm base and 150 mm hardcore(soil)? its 10 ft by 8 ft. not able to start until late next week. i will get a pic and see what you helpful chaps think. wouldnt normally bother but she wants a few other bits done and they could come in handy for january. just so used to working ON CONCRETE and BRICKS not soil and living trees!!!!

copper nails?? kill the roots and send them off in anther direction? this tree is supposed to three hundred years old!!!! digging!!!im yet to price it. seems straight forward but want to do the best job i can as she has been messed about a bit. 150mm base and 150 mm hardcore(soil)? its 10 ft by 8 ft. not able to start until late next week. i will get a pic and see what you helpful chaps think. wouldnt normally bother but she wants a few other bits done and they could come in handy for january. just so used to working ON CONCRETE  and BRICKS not soil and living trees!!!!

75m hardcore and 75 mm concrete 150mm in total pn hard subsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.