compressor

Members online

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
im thinking of buying a spray hopper to spray blue grit. primers tyrolean etc.

seen a good one for 50quid in machine mart. but compressors im.stuck on.

wanna hire one 1st see how i get on. but machine mart says i need atleast a 14 cfm 100litre compressor.

but refinas gun says 2.5hp 10cfm...

anyone any ideas?

The Gentilin one I had with the Eze was 11cfm if I remember right and that worked well.

I was offered an oil free Metabo one the other day, shop soiled, so I took it. £160 with an accessory kit. Low CFM though which is a bit of a pain. It's working hard to keep up but it does the job fine. Sprayed about 150 m2 of micro in a couple of hours. Beats the hell out of brushing it on!

The Gentilin one I had with the Eze was 11cfm if I remember right and that worked well.

I was offered an oil free Metabo one the other day, shop soiled, so I took it. £160 with an accessory kit. Low CFM though which is a bit of a pain. It's working hard to keep up but it does the job fine. Sprayed about 150 m2 of micro in a couple of hours. Beats the hell out of brushing it on!

ive got 100m rs10 to apply.

do i really need a 15cfm or can i get away with a 9.6cfm?

Ideally it would be more than 9.6 dan but then you're moving into more money. I think you're supposed to go slightly higher than what's recommended for your use too. If you want to go like stink and fly the product on you want the bigger one. Try hiring one like you say.
Hopper guns work well for bucket coat finishes too. No pressure of scarring if you've got a few lifts to go at.

Put the word out for a PFT one or Meko.

The one that comes with the eze 24 from P1ss might do but you will need a 5 kva continuous tranny. Not a 5 kva max.

Screenshot_20170921-211438.png
maybe something like this then for my priming and bucket coats

Don't forget dan if you buy one the hoses and connections aren't cheap. You need a good length of hose too because you shouldn't use an extension with the power supply.

I got a PFT compressor off ebay a few month back and it's mint fir spraying micro and I use it for bucket coats and doing tyrolean. I was canny lucky to be fair to get it off ebay. I was told you need massive tanks but the PFT tanks on mine aren't very big and it sprays forever

I got a PFT compressor off ebay a few month back and it's mint fir spraying micro and I use it for bucket coats and doing tyrolean. I was canny lucky to be fair to get it off ebay. I was told you need massive tanks but the PFT tanks on mine aren't very big and it sprays forever
i was told 50litre if electric or 100 litre if petrol

i hired a 100l 14.5cfm compressor. worked well.
sprayed krend rs 10 230m in an hour.....

so now ideally i wanna buy a 50ltrfor cheap as poss c
for primer/ grit.

also those who use it for bucket coat..

i have few nozzles on my sprayer...
1.5mm
2.5mm
3.6mmm

what size would you recommed?

i hired a 100l 14.5cfm compressor. worked well.
sprayed krend rs 10 230m in an hour.....

so now ideally i wanna buy a 50ltrfor cheap as poss c
for primer/ grit.

also those who use it for bucket coat..

i have few nozzles on my sprayer...
1.5mm
2.5mm
3.6mmm

what size would you recommed?
you want about 6-8mm for micro/ bucket coat

you can spray topcoat with a hopper gun no problem. Its the output in ltrs you need to spray topcoats. TBH ive used a 250ltr vmeko with a hopper gun and it was great. If i used the same to spray through a machine it wouldnt be enough

ah...... so i cant spray topcoat with a hopper gun?
says i an spray tyroloean with it
I use my hopper gun with an 8mm nozzle fir bucket coat and tyro you can get the tyro texture canny tight and neat which I prefer to a heavier tyro texture