Complete novice

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paslode

Hi guys new poster chippy by trade,having to patch in Ewi after taking roller shutters off the windows of a conversion we are doing rock wool batts used k-rend hpx base coat mesh and terracota top coat happy with the finish but just looking for tips on applying it the top coat esp seems to be a nightmare expected it to be like render but like nothing we have ever used.what sort of consistency do u lot mix it to?seem to end up with more on the floor!lol
many thanks

Hi guys new poster chippy by trade,having to patch in Ewi after taking roller shutters off the windows of a conversion we are doing rock wool batts used k-rend hpx base coat mesh and terracota top coat happy with the finish but just looking for tips on applying it the top coat esp seems to be a nightmare expected it to be like render but like nothing we have ever used.what sort of consistency do u lot mix it to?seem to end up with more on the floor!lol
many thanks

Give me your address and il write it down for you and pop it in the post ...

So three or four posters each with at least a couple of thousands posts on the forum just taking the p###. Cheers boys

So three or four posters each with at least a couple of thousands posts on the forum just taking the p###. Cheers boys

dont be disheartened paslode, keep posting, someone will come one that has encountered your problem :RpS_thumbsup:

I know wet trades are virtually semi skilled professions these days fella but thought there might be a few old school spreads out there who could help out the king of the trades(chippys) lol

I know wet trades are virtually semi skilled professions these days fella but thought there might be a few old school spreads out there who could help out the king of the trades(chippys) lol

lol good post for half ten on a friday night :RpS_lol:

Ha ha, your right. (Of corse you are,you are a carpenter) that's why you registered on a plasterers forum to learn to do a patch up coz it eazy innit!

IM trying to post a sensible reply but my fingers wont let me. try re-posting your question another time

Steady on deri LOL Jesus.a fellow Welshman too tut tut

It's Friday night mate and the ale is in. There may be a proper reply in the pipeline. Perhaps you should not have mentioned you are a carpenter
Where abouts in Gods Country are you?

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1395471428.421048.jpg

:)

Pontypool ,just saw another thread about k rend il try there have a good weekend fellas

Bore Da bud :RpS_thumbsup: there you go Mr Brown can help. You boys used to have a cracking front row :RpS_thumbup:

[video=youtube_share;hAlnHKQTBTI]http://youtu.be/hAlnHKQTBTI[/video]

I've just been sat here chuckling to myself while reading all this attitude towards someone who is open enough to admit they're a chippy, yet advice is freely given to all the chancers and short coursers that are out there really damaging this trade and your potential earnings.

I've just been sat here chuckling to myself while reading all this attitude towards someone who is open enough to admit they're a chippy, yet advice is freely given to all the chancers and short coursers that are out there really damaging this trade and your potential earnings.

Quite agree, never know the next wood-butcher you meet on here might take the hump and set his casings all wrong... on purpose lol

@Rhys to be fair I can't ever remember a chippy fixing his linings how I'd like them until I've explained it several times, let alone doing it wrong on purpose lol

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rhys to be fair I can't ever remember a chippy fixing his linings how I'd like them until I've explained it several times, let alone doing it wrong on purpose lol

Yeah, never on purpose lol
Seen a few make a balls up and say fek it, plasterers will get over it..

Site im on have switched to mdf linings, so they don't put em in till the houses are skimmed. Whch is great, nothing worse then having nothing on one side and 7or8 mm of finish on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.