Common query.. Sandpaper finish and gaps..

Members online

Splreece

Hi all. Not sure it's right for this forum and probably a common query... What finish should I expect from a plasterer.. Even a bad one.

I paid 1200 for 1bed room 1front room and stairs and landing.. I removed the architraves to put in new ones after the reskim.. Yet I have the following issues
-he didnt do the ceilings of rooms
- sandpaper effect on every corner and around door frame
- gaps in render around plug sockets.. So you can see wall
- gaps in plaster around door frame.. Once architrave is on.. Likely see bear wall.

He's accredited and has a formal company.. But is obviously used to fights with clients as he ignored the ceilings over the phone saying I an just sand the gloss paint down.

Problem is I was away at the time and he was recommended by a friend.

Any thoughts?
Many thanks
Steve

Hi all. Not sure it's right for this forum and probably a common query... What finish should I expect from a plasterer.. Even a bad one.

I paid 1200 for 1bed room 1front room and stairs and landing.. I removed the architraves to put in new ones after the reskim.. Yet I have the following issues
- gaps in plaster around door frame.. Once architrave is on.. Likely see bear wall.

He's accredited and has a formal company.. But is obviously used to fights with clients as he ignored the ceilings over the phone saying I an just sand the gloss paint down.

Any thoughts?
Many thanks
Steve
I never slag a plasterer off sorry I cannot help you asuwere

Any thoughts?
Many thanks
Steve
We need pics

Any thoughts?
Many thanks
Steve

Have you paid him?

DSC_0867.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0872.JPG
    DSC_0872.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 283
  • DSC_0872.JPG
    DSC_0872.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 300
  • DSC_0871.JPG
    DSC_0871.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 303
  • DSC_0870.JPG
    DSC_0870.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 290
  • DSC_0869.JPG
    DSC_0869.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 272
Without photos hard to tell

£1200 seems a low price for the amount of work you want done..Sorry just my opinion
Thanks.. No apology needed.. I went with middle quote and had 90+ 5* ratings on check a trade...price I didnt question as recommendations and ratings I would have thought would reflect the quality..

Without photos hard to tell

£1200 seems a low price for the amount of work you want done..Sorry just my opinion
Just finished 3 bed ,up/down hallway ,shower room & lounge 2/3 boards 1/3 o/s , £1500 , I'm going to show my customer your pictures

Any thoughts?
Many thanks
Steve
think the guy should be plastering light houses where there are no corners not a good job pal

We’re ceilings mentioned . I always ask but might stop and if customer doesn’t say owt leave em

1200 is cheap. They the only rough bits? Looks save-able to me with a bit of easy. No where near as bad as the last one we saw on here

Tbh I always never believe general publics side of the story on these kind of posts

No comment

Think that socket box has been put on after
New face but there was definitely a box there before look at the plaster it hasn't been cut and you can see the plaster has lipped where the guys worked into the box badly.

Wouldnt go bragging on here about being a cheap c**t. If you wanna price like that you crack on but dont make it public. Potential customers coming on here see that and expect that sort of rate
Fair enough , just saying I'm due for a pay rise

New face but there was definitely a box there before look at the plaster it hasn't been cut and you can see the plaster has lipped where the guys worked into the box badly.
Who give a f**k it will out last a bmw