Come on England

Members online

smoother09

Give me another excuse to drink!!
15283975704432066722636.jpg

just opened a cider -----do you guys think this young team will be up for the world cup and not freeze in the headlights

just opened a cider -----do you guys think this young team will be up for the world cup and not freeze in the headlights

Absolutely no chance we are the most over rated team in there.

We all get a bit excited when we beat a 400/1 team and get hope that we will do well.

It’s always the same story. If we get a lead we completely switch off at around 60mins and get punished for it. No hunger.

Don’t even get me started on sterling oh my god. He is so s**t and 2 in every 5 passes is to the wrong team.

Come on England!!

We've got one of the best forward lines In Europe, a lot of pace,a manager that's not afraid to drop players. I'm optimistic as there's no pressure, the defence is my issue, but time will tell.

• Agree
Reactions: gps
We've got one of the best forward lines In Europe, a lot of pace,a manager that's not afraid to drop players. I'm optimistic as there's no pressure, the defence is my issue, but time will tell.
Best forward line compaired to who lol

The scoring ratio of Kane, the raw talent of rashford, the pace of vardy, the cutting in and crossing of sterling...there's not much different I'd be more happy with.

Sterling ? Runs like a school girl chasing Justin bieber and passes to opposing side.

Kane can finish if it sits right in front of him but who can’t.

Rashfords good and so it vardy.. them two together excite me a bit. That sounded wrong

The scoring ratio of Kane, the raw talent of rashford, the pace of vardy, the cutting in and crossing of sterling...there's not much different I'd be more happy with.

welbeck has scored the most out of them.
vardy and welbeck for me mr owls :birra:

Welbecks a strange one, his goal scoring ratio to starts/ sub appearance is outstanding for England, but I can't see him getting anywhere near a start.
He hibernates for arsenal mind,seems to come out about march every year for them.
It's defence that's my worry against a team like Belgium that play a high pressing game there going to be busy.im not convinced on stones or Cahill, and maguire is a bit of an unknown.

Sterling ? Runs like a school girl chasing Justin bieber and passes to opposing side.

Kane can finish if it sits right in front of him but who can’t.

Rashfords good and so it vardy.. them two together excite me a bit. That sounded wrong
23 goals for sterling this year plus a ridulous amount of assists he's been one of the standout players for one of the best teams in Europe this year it's not a fluke.
And most can't finish like Kane if it's sat in front of them, that's why he's probably worth around 150 million and probably our only world class player, the quality of some of his goals this year has been top draw, that is all he is there for to score goals by any fashion.

Could always be worse,
imagine being, Scottish, Welsh, Irish and having to root for Tunisia and panama....

He can run however he wants, if he cuts in and scores a wining screamer in the top corner against Belgium in the 89th minute.

Appreciate your patriotism but we ain’t got a chance mate. Over paid and no hunger

Appreciate your patriotism but we ain’t got a chance mate. Over paid and no hunger
I didn't say we did have a chance, outside of Germany,France,Brazil, and maybe Argentina I don't think the other 28 teams do, but I don't think we are that bad, I'd take a quarter final finish to be honest as progress, after the last 2 World Cup outings.

I didn't say we did have a chance, outside of Germany,France,Brazil, and maybe Argentina I don't think the other 28 teams do, but I don't think we are that bad, I'd take a quarter final finish to be honest.

I just find it frustrating as we have all the variables to win but can’t seem to play together .

Just look at Germany , how they pass. No fancy massive air kicks and lose possession . Fast hard accurate floor passes. Simple little things that make them bulletproof

I just find it frustrating as we have all the variables to win but can’t seem to play together .

Just look at Germany , how they pass. No fancy massive air kicks and lose possession . Fast hard accurate floor passes. Simple little things that make them bulletproof
It's a mentality thing as well Germany has it in spades, they also bring youth through and have success at under 17, under 20 etc and they bring them through every generation to the senior team. I'm hoping England's recent under 20 World Cup success comes through, although I think there's only Lewis cook that's near.
Strength in depth as well they have 2 excellent players for every position, is that because the young English players in the premier league on the whole can't get near first teams as it's stifled by foreign players, the bundesleague is more open to chances.

I'm also optimistic that Southgate picks players on form rather than reputation unlike previous managers.

When i was 19 i worked in germany on sunday 4 of us went park for a kick about and ended up having a game with german lads who were there. All teenagers. Not once did they do a long ball