Colour match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrend

Hi, what is the closest colour to polar white k rend. I will be using weber or parex. I'm trying my best to get out of using k rend.
Cheers.

I think chalk is webers White and parex is monoblanco,I haven't used k rends White so don't know how similar they are to it.

Just checked parex colour chart and they have three whites in there standard colour range,might be worth comparing them with k rend.I'd put a link up but not sure how to do it.

Polar white isnt white tho mate,its more like an ivory.So cant make my mind up between silver pearl or ivory.

Hi all, in the middle of a job using Weber M pral, (weather a b&^$%£*3 ! lol) client wants a paint to match to do an out building. How do I go about finding a paint code to match? Using Silver Pearl coloured render.
Thanks for any advice !

Hi all, in the middle of a job using Weber M pral, (weather a b&^$%£*3 ! lol) client wants a paint to match to do an out building. How do I go about finding a paint code to match? Using Silver Pearl coloured render.
Thanks for any advice !
Chip a bit off and get it made up ,or go to weber ,but its not cheap mate

Always compare hard samples next to the wall you are trying to match to. The colour charts are all a bit off when you look at them on a screen or even on a printed paper.
I'd just get all the ones you think it could be from Weber and parex and take them there and hold them against the wall on a bright day.
It might be worth mentioning to the customer that it might not be a perfect match with it being a different batch...

Hi, what is the closest colour to polar white k rend. I will be using weber or parex. I'm trying my best to get out of using k rend.
Cheers.

TBH, you are doing your friend a dis-service not giving him what he wants. If you don't like FT offer him the K1, both the Silicone or standard handle lovely its top notch stuff. Do a good job to spec, get a rep out to have a quick look and get him a written 30 year guarantee n all. Try doing that with Parex, I dare ya!

I seriously think some guys just want the render to put itself on the wall sometimes.

The word k rend is like dog s**t down my way
I have no problems with parex

Is it still 2013 where you live? >,<

Time moves on, things change. To be fair, the more spec changers there are, trying to change peoples made up minds, the better for me!

TBH, you are doing your friend a dis-service not giving him what he wants. If you don't like FT offer him the K1, both the Silicone or standard handle lovely its top notch stuff. Do a good job to spec, get a rep out to have a quick look and get him a written 30 year guarantee n all. Try doing that with Parex, I dare ya!

I seriously think some guys just want the render to put itself on the wall sometimes.

Who said it was a friend? And what dis-service am i doing? It wasnt what he wanted it was the old do you do k rendering question whatever that is and he had seen a polar white sample. What guarantee do you think you will be getting ,30 years guarantee against what. As for k rend it is bobbins we use all manufacturers renders and all k rend scratch renders are the worst out there .Im not saying all k products are bad as there thin coat renders are nice to use.As for the render putting itself on the wall same again krend is the worst to apply, rule and scrape so why struggle?

What are you using? If you are trying to rule FT you are doing it wrong. Its heavy and you trowel it up, it's old school. It's been around long before Parex or even Weber were on the market. I've got guys if you give em a trowel, bucket and a mixer will bang 100 bags on in a day easy, not a straight edge in sight. FT splits and tears like a pig under a rule, but it's not what the gears about.

Stick to the new stuff if you want to do all that.

It amuses me that you are putting so much effort into making what will be 4 days of your life at most easier when your punter will probably live in his house for years. If you aren't bothering with warranties why not just bang S&C on?

The K1 rules up lovely, it's one of the best now. It's been designed specifically for all that as it's for machine application.

If you don't understand something doesn't automatically make it bad.

Last edited:
Tried the all mate. Not one is as good as parex or weber. Dont use ft as all my work is sprayed.Its not like im a newbee iv been spraying for 12 years now and k rend as always been the worst to use even tho it is better now than it was. I cant understand why k just dont concentrate on making one descent product instead of 4 or 5 mediocre products.Dont think any i have used is as good as maxit but weber put a stop to that although it is very similar to parex,just my opinum tho.

Oh and it 2 sites not a single house so there will be more than 4 days of struggle. And you didnt say what is included/covered in the 30 YEAR warranty.

What are you using? If you are trying to rule FT you are doing it wrong. Its heavy and you trowel it up, it's old school. It's been around long before Parex or even Weber were on the market. I've got guys if you give em a trowel, bucket and a mixer will bang 100 bags on in a day easy, not a straight edge in sight. FT splits and tears like a pig under a rule, but it's not what the gears about.

Stick to the new stuff if you want to do all that.

It amuses me that you are putting so much effort into making what will be 4 days of your life at most easier when your punter will probably live in his house for years. If you aren't bothering with warranties why not just bang S&C on?

The K1 rules up lovely, it's one of the best now. It's been designed specifically for all that as it's for machine application.

If you don't understand something doesn't automatically make it bad.
Bucket and mixer
It's 2016 pal not 2013:hueco:

Are you on medication?

Oh and it 2 sites not a single house so there will be more than 4 days of struggle. And you didnt say what is included/covered in the 30 YEAR warranty.

Delamination is the big one. Also retaining its structural integrity.

De-lamination,have you ever tried to knock mono off new blockwork? saying that k is not classed as mono according to steve logan.The only problems we have had with any mono is cracking and staining and there aint no warranty that will cover that.Twoddle

De-lamination,have you ever tried to knock mono off new blockwork? saying that k is not classed as mono according to steve logan.The only problems we have had with any mono is cracking and staining and there aint no warranty that will cover that.Twoddle

Correctly stuck render does stick yes, it's not those you worry about...

I got called to a school once. A 20m2 sheet of mono had fell off the wall. Literally just peeled off the base coat.

The wall it was on was directly above the main entrance. Think about that half a tonne of render dropping off in a sheet above a school entrance.

It happens.

Most manufacturers recommend applying in two passes, 16-17mm is too much in one hit. K1 is specced to go straight onto 7nm block on that basis.

If it was on Base coat it was probably krend. I always 2 pass mono unless it's a small area and difficult to get access.

If it was on Base coat it was probably krend. I always 2 pass mono unless it's a small area and difficult to get access.

Erm, every render manufacturer has base coats in their range lots are heavily specced too. That incident taught me to stick to specs and not take risks over stuff like temps and weather. Something that severe would put most of us out of business and could have killed someone.

If you two pass it ain't mono. Monocouche it means "one coat," in French.

i know that, wet on wet you know what i mean smart arse. Lots? they only spec if going onto difficult backgrounds not as Mr logan said to me all backgrounds should have some sort of base coat or primer.Why do you keep going on about spec,have i said i dont stick to spec.I have had one job in 12 years have issues and this was down to a builder nit following his spec.
Merci ,thats thanks in French

Do you work for krend or sell krend products by any chance? @Jimbob9

No mate, I do rate K Rend these days though, they have had their problems in the past granted. I work for a large contractor and do my own stuff as well. I get involved with job specification quite a bit and oversee a few gangs.

Handy, I get to play with everything, I don't think there's a particularly bad render anymore. Large strides have been made over the last 5 years or so. Some brick renders I've had me hands on recently are rough though some just bloom to hell and back and like spreading mud.

Erm, every render manufacturer has base coats in their range lots are heavily specced too. That incident taught me to stick to specs and not take risks over stuff like temps and weather. Something that severe would put most of us out of business and could have killed someone.

If you two pass it ain't mono. Monocouche it means "one coat," in French.
2 passes in one day is one coat though surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.