Clearing Rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewing75

I've looked all over the site for this question but have found zilch in reference to it.

Firstly, am new to forum so hi! Got my ACA certificate back in 2007. Not plastered much at all since then as went into a different sector with family member which has kept me busy up until now! Let's just say, the saying is so true, NEVER work with family!

Anyway, am going into Plastering full time. Have had great opportunities through family & friends to get my hand back in. My finish is good, speed is sh#te! But it'll come...so I'm told and hoping!!!!

Now, reason for post. The vast majority if my work will be domestic. So what do you guys do about staying tidy and clearing away? I'm thinking maybe a large gorilla tub to use for cleaning the mixer/tools etc... mainly so I can drain it at the end of the day and crack all residue plaster out and bag it up?

A stupidly simple question, and probably answer too, but will save me time so many thanks in advance for any replies.

On domestic work just pour washing out water including slops down the drain in the street & chuck a bucket of clean water around it too.
If you can't do that pour the washing out water somewhere else :rolleyes)then with the sludge in the bottom add a bit of plaster & mix it round till solid enough to bag up.:RpS_thumbup:

If you mean actually removing rubbish like bags of rubble, board off cuts etc.
Price a skip onto the job.
Or arrange for customer to dispose of THEIR waste.:RpS_wink:

Wow... wasn't expecting such rapid replies! Many thanks for the input. I was a little vague in my post, apologies for that.
My question is basically two fold;
1. staying tidy on the job, I'm thinking plastic sheets as opposed to dust sheets. And the gorilla tub as general skip for cleaning tools off etc etc...
2. Disposing of any waste I get stuck with. I can take boards/ bagged up sludge down my local tip for time being. But only until I get sign-writing on my connect.

Hi bubbles, am down in Kent. ACA, I was late getting into trade, 29 years old, so done two years full time at local college. So done ICA (intermediate construction award) in solid plastering, then another full year doing the ACA (advanced construction award), in solid plastering again.

up here they cracking down on lads transporting waste in their vans to the tip :RpS_unsure: robbing greedy underhand money grabbing sneaky little jobs worths that they are !!!!!!!!!!! i feel much better after that :RpS_biggrin:

Got to say thanks for all these replies.

Down here in Kent, I've spotted a marked council trade waste van parked on entrance to my local tip, with a camera on the dash recording everything going in. My van's not currently sign written, but it will be within a few weeks.
I'll just have to bag up anything I need to dispose of and run it down tip in girlfriends car!

Out of interest, do most of you guys leave waste at the job?

I know a few chaps on here have estate cars that they use for skip runs :)

I was banned from my local one cos I was scrapping with one of the attendants... Jobs worth....

if customer says they will dispose then i always leave:RpS_thumbup:, me vans a lwb ldv so i carnt get onto any council sites up here coz i got 6 wheels on me van FFS :RpS_mad:

medway council will come down on you hard if you keep going in with the same shite even in a car. Maidstone tovil tip is much better even let vans in on sat morning aslong as it is not commerical waste. where in kent are you? another new spead to battle against :)

I'm down near Dover. Am stunned by the amount of replies, huge thanks.

Right, so leave as much as I can at customers, I'm on it.

Just got to get my van sign written now and wait for the phone to start ringing. I've handed out nearly all my business cards, so fingers crossed I can make my career transition sooner rather then later.

I know a few chaps on here have estate cars that they use for skip runs :)

I was banned from my local one cos I was scrapping with one of the attendants... Jobs worth....
you a bit of a nutter dan your always fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.