Cleaning Trowels:

Members online

George Kidd

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This is something I was taught when I first started serving my time 35 years ago, everyday sandpaper and dry, it only takes a few minutes at the end of the working day to achieve this, and also show the builder, client that Plasterers are a clean Trade..

Lovely and clean and inspired me to have a go myself this afternoon. Gave up after about 7 seconds, pouring with sweat. Although the ones on the left and right i would've chucked by now, corners bit rounded, must be sharp as f**k too.

image.jpeg
It was drilled into me years ago lads that's all TBH
And I just stuck with it all these years, and as for the rounded corners?
I always keep new trowels on hand also..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 228
View attachment 13344 View attachment 13343

This is something I was taught when I first started serving my time 35 years ago, everyday sandpaper and dry, it only takes a few minutes at the end of the working day to achieve this, and also show the builder, client that Plasterers are a clean Trade..

Tell me this, do you iron your socks and boxers? :loco:

All jokes aside, First and only thing I want to do when finished is jump in van and get home for dinner. As long as my handle and face of trowel is spotless, that's all I care about. Don't get me wrong, tge back isn't in a bad way but cleaning my trowel like yours is a big no no.

I tried that tri sodium citrate, stuff is amazing. I'm the same, work like f**k last thing I want to do is sand them down. Leave them in a tray with that stuff over night quick scrape I'm the morning spotless

I tried that tri sodium citrate, stuff is amazing. I'm the same, work like f**k last thing I want to do is sand them down. Leave them in a tray with that stuff over night quick scrape I'm the morning spotless

Was you advised to use sodium citrate for cleaning your trowels ??

I think I read it on here but not 100% on that is food grade stuff, so harmless. Ordered it of Amazon for a £10 I think and you get loads. But it works amazing couldn't believe it. I'm off the morn will
Do a before and after of my two trowels and show you cause one is a shambles just now.

I always seem to struggle with keeping my hawk clean. Usually let it build up then thwack it with whatever's around. Hate doing it. Any tips George our Kidd?

Yes. I wash it. But still get a build up over time. Guess there's washing it and there's washing it thoroughly. I will try bi carb on it.

I hope that the R.S.P.B are not watching this thread as the last few post have shown a level of cruelty towards birds of prey that would make Bill Oddie s**t himself with rage if he found out.:mad:

Fooool all that....life's to short for that bollox!!!!

Clean handle and clean blade everything else who gives a cow only guns get dirty again!!!

Rather spend my time eating, wanking, boozing, fishing!!!

In no particular order!!!

I keep mine in the same condition. Never take photos of them though. It's easy if you spend a couple of minutes every day. In between trowels etc. I've got a cleaning obsession though. Everything is kept mint. I polish and wax the bloody van!!The cab is cleaner than most cars. Sad I know! :rayos:

Nothing wrong with that i get our van cleaned every few weeks, looks trampy as f**k when people have a dash board full of receipts and screwfix books etc all dusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep mine in the same condition. Never take photos of them though. It's easy if you spend a couple of minutes every day. In between trowels etc. I've got a cleaning obsession though. Everything is kept mint. I polish and wax the bloody van!!The cab is cleaner than most cars. Sad I know! :rayos:
I bet your pubic thatch is well trimmed

I hope that the R.S.P.B are not watching this thread as the last few post have shown a level of cruelty towards birds of prey that would make Bill Oddie s**t himself with rage if he found out.:mad:
That made me laugh

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk