Clean Skirting Line

Members online

Right, a long time ago on here someone mentioned that they use to put scrim along the bottom of their walls then as the final coat stiffens up they pull it off and it leaves a clean crisp line.

I have been doing it for the last few years and people love it... (I will find a photo if I can tomorrow)

anybody else do this or am I really the only sad person to do it...

Right, a long time ago on here someone mentioned that they use to put scrim along the bottom of their walls then as the final coat stiffens up they pull it off and it leaves a clean crisp line.

I have been doing it for the last few years and people love it... (I will find a photo if I can tomorrow)

Someone likes to work on a day rate! :inocente:

Stop dicking around and get on with it . Seems to be a thing now plasterers try to make the job look more arty by fannying around doing this sort of s**t (Socket beads etc). just do a neat clean job .Its just plastering ffs.

Thought for a second you made the bees plastering! I am sure won’t be long before they do.

Haven't tried it yet but may do! Customers do like little details like that, although pointless!

Yup it does pull any snots off though...

The last few jobs I did it on the customer loved it... @essexandy also polishes his corner beads a little...

With skimming it all looks pretty much the same so these little things can make you stand out

The last few jobs I did it on the customer loved it... @essexandy also polishes his corner beads a little...

With skimming it all looks pretty much the same so these little things can make you stand out
I do, as you say, clean the beads down, even on site work. But you will never, ever catch me putting scrim along the skirting line. Just work neatly and I can't see any need for such nonsense.

show us a pic.

I have tried the same thing with my beadtape, when i pulled it away the plaster reads an amusing limerick in brail.

I use a stop bead. It looks mint behind the skirting :endesacuerdo:

Stop dicking around and get on with it . Seems to be a thing now plasterers try to make the job look more arty by fannying around doing this sort of s**t (Socket beads etc). just do a neat clean job .Its just plastering ffs.

Well said. I can’t even understand how ripping a length of scrim off and pulling all the gear off works. Can’t get my head around it.

2E740C01-678F-4FEB-A5B1-F02EDE5E7D9B.jpeg

I’m just glad they used 8ft skirts @essexandy

Just be neat on your skirting line! What a waste of scrim! People don't expect this its covered by the skirting! And if they do it's because your putting it in there heads! Nearly as bad as @tapit tape.

I think i get it now. I thought you meant the top of the skirting board?

You mean walls without skirting on?

The fuvkkk?

Gauging trowel with chain saw attachment , works first time every time !! Buzzards gotta eat same as worms ,, this thread is dead