City and Guilds

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate,got the city and guilds. Had been plastering for around 6 yrs. But the best thing i did was get that
qualification only thing was the cost best part of £3000 !

holy s**t !

Im sure the city and guilds course is a 8 weeks long also so thats eight weeks without pay on top ! This is going to work out very expensive :mad:

when I done mine it was only city and guilds and proper training ie apprenticeships which is why I think they are thought of more highly, imo

Yes im wanting to get back to oz but im an orditor by trade which is not on the short list for a decent visa. I have worked there for a year already back in 2005 but that was on a working holiday visa. Need alot more this time so I thought a change in trade would suit the bill.

6 week city & guild course at goldtrowl mate is two grand but its not recognised in oz as a qualification,
you would need to get your skills assesed and be awarded a AQF111 i think.
seem's a nvq 2 is a better qualification than a city & guilds, the nvq will get you a cscs card.

maybe things have changed but i got trade recognised in 2001 and you didnt need qualifications just experience not that i`m advercating false letters telling them how much experience you`ve got not every good tradesman went to college and thats fact

your right wilber u cant get your cscs card with city & guilds unles u can prove u were proper apprentice trained and still need to have an on site assesment.

from what i know city & guilds is more highly regarded, the current NVQ system is a load of my arse imo

btw my quals are NVQ 2, start college in september for my NVQ 3 as im thinking of going into the teaching side.

good for you mate ;)....was it the thought of all the young 16 year old men at youre mercy :p

i was at the college the other week spunky and there was a few rather tasty young women learning their trade thats what swung it for me ;D ;D ;D

ive seen jobs advertised at around the 25-30K mark loads of time off and still the option of taking weekend work on if i need it so to me its an option worth exploring im only 25 so thought get the quals sorted first hopefully site work will pick up again soon and i can get my self back to creaming the cash in for a few yrs first

Pro rata is based on the hours you work ie salary of 20k for 40hrs but you are employed for 10 hrs then you would be paid 5k.
By the teaching at college if your on the books isn't pro rata but your contract will state how many hours you will have to teach per year, usually between 800 and 900 hours.

cheers garry .......go for it napper by the way gary does it too if you need any info

unfortunately plastering along with a few other trades has been took off the ssl for australia, yet tiling has been left on there?? How fooked up is that?????!?!?!?!

fruitcake said:
unfortunately plastering along with a few other trades has been took off the ssl for australia, yet tiling has been left on there?? How fooked up is that?????!?!?!?!

It has been taken off the CSL (crisis short list) list which was mainly for sponcership to speed things up but its still on the (MODL) list (demand list) it has changed, an nvq wont get you there an AQF111 might and also an indentured apprenticeship also you need the xperience after your quals.

Status
Not open for further replies.