CITB Levy

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your registered with citb they arent supposed to take it off you ive had many arguments in the past with contractors.. some take it some dont but they have to be registered with citb get registered and you dont have to pay it.

construction industry training board, i think, another money makeing scheme :mad: for our beloved government

fooking bastads!!....makes me feel alot better about all the invoice jobs i havent declared :p

the money goes towards training apprentices if you have an apprentice that goes to college you can claim a grant the longer the training the more you can claim.

its just i been looking into it today as some take the extra 2% some dont found loads of info on the grants and stuff but couldnt find anything on how larger contractors get away with passing the levy onto their subbies

im sure its down to the amount of turnover, over a certain amount you pay, stay under and you dont. Big firms claim the grants but pass on the charge. They get a grant to get you assessed for cscs so dont think for one minute they are doing you a favour.

thats the info i was looking for cheers merlin.
i had similar problems when i used to work for horburys i was on the books but it was all price work and was sick of getting my time sheet back with red pen through half of it, was constantly telling them it was illegal to adjust my time sheet without my consent but they still insited on doin it after a few letters from ucat i got weeded out of the company but apparently now all time sheets are agreed with a qs before being sent to the office.

flynnyman said:
im sure its down to the amount of turnover, over a certain amount you pay, stay under and you dont. Big firms claim the grants but pass on the charge. They get a grant to get you assessed for cscs so dont think for one minute they are doing you a favour.

i thought that aswell £65k springs to mind

i want to do the gypsum machince taping course and noticed the citb grant towards the cost of that is £150

Status
Not open for further replies.