CITB/Apprentice funding...

Members online

No members online now.

GypsumSnorter

Hi guys, got the chance to take on a decent apprentice and just wondering what the CITB support/funding is like?

Last I heard it was something like: 100% apprentice wages 1st year, 50% 2nd year, 0% 3rd/advanced craft. I know it might be slightly different up here in Glasgow to the beautiful South but thought I`d ask you well-informed gents...

Hi guys, got the chance to take on a decent apprentice and just wondering what the CITB support/funding is like?

Last I heard it was something like: 100% apprentice wages 1st year, 50% 2nd year, 0% 3rd/advanced craft. I know it might be slightly different up here in Glasgow to the beautiful South but thought I`d ask you well-informed gents...
All changed now and I had to chace my grants was a headache if I'm honest plus you need to pay the waste of spaces minimum wage too even though they are useless and " learning " a trade itshow win win for the little shits

Cheers mate, apprentice wage says £3.50/hour on the gov.uk website so might be worth it cos its less than a labourer lol

It's been good for me. Money is paid straight into my bank. No chasing.
I make more out of an apprentice than I can a subby. Plus that's every day too.
Im hoping this lad stays and then I'll get another apprentice.
CITB themselves are under strain. We've not seen our CITB officer/ rep for nearly 12 months. You'd be lucky to get an answer when you call them. Not good!