Circular Saw

Members online

MIXERMAN

Need a new blade for my skill saw . screwfix.£31 . they've got a saw £49 cuts any material . 1200w . I'm gonna give it a go .

When they say any material, they mean things like marshmallows, cardboard, polystyrene and flesh. When I need a new blade for my skil saw, I just ask my Hilti rep and he gives me one.

Need a new blade for my skill saw . screwfix.£31 . they've got a saw £49 cuts any material . 1200w . I'm gonna give it a go .

A blade for any material will work as well as a plaster for any surface. i.e. it'll be average at best on most things and cr4p on a few others.

Evolution saw?

They're fine for for roughing and first fix.
Cheapish engineering means some can have have a tiny bit of blade wobble and cut a bit rougher.

That said, both mine are fine. Circular saw and chop saw.

Hilti all the way for me, had a go on my new circular this week cutting insulated plasterboard fcukin dream

Mine (from 2007 ish), I've found is bang on and accurate

But when on jobs, I've seen/used other newer ones they haven't been as good.

Hilti all the way for me, had a go on my new circular this week cutting insulated plasterboard fcukin dream
That’s what I use mine for mainly, although had to rip a couple of 8’ lengths of 8x2 down yesterday, which it did no problem. You’ll find after a while of cutting the insulated boards, the blade guard will get a bit clogged with dust. Needs blowing out with an airline and some silicone spray.

When they say any material, they mean things like marshmallows, cardboard, polystyrene and flesh. When I need a new blade for my skil saw, I just ask my Hilti rep and he gives me one.
That's sweet .wot about the new blade.

Only want it for ripping lengths of decking down . Gonna make a wooden sun lounger for the wife . She saw painted one £200 on line .and there's me with loads of crap decking. She loves sun bathing she looks like one of those brown 1940s leather suitcases.
1586693603462.jpeg

Only want it for ripping lengths of decking down . Gonna make a wooden sun lounger for the wife . She saw painted one £200 on line .and there's me with loads of crap decking. She loves sun bathing she looks like one of those brown 1940s leather suitcases.

Photo please

That’s what I use mine for mainly, although had to rip a couple of 8’ lengths of 8x2 down yesterday, which it did no problem. You’ll find after a while of cutting the insulated boards, the blade guard will get a bit clogged with dust. Needs blowing out with an airline and some silicone spray.
Yeh mate I had that last week blade guard gets stuck but after that like a knife through butter can’t beat Hilti mate top of the league

Yeh mate I had that last week blade guard gets stuck but after that like a knife through butter can’t beat Hilti mate top of the league
The new screw gun came out last week. 30% lighter and brushless motor. Gotta be done.