Chuffed today :)

ChrispyUK

Did a 22m ceiling today which is prob about double the biggest I've done before. I know its a piece of piss for you guys, but a good step up for me so I'm chuffed and it came out well...well we see when it's painted :D

I'll admit to wearing armbands though as I thought it would be a good experiment for trying out some extra time in the mix.
Cheating a bit I suppose, but helped me get over the mental barrier of doing it!

Anyway, another thanks from me to you lot for helping me over the last year and putting up with me!! :)

Did a 22m ceiling today which is prob about double the biggest I've done before. I know its a piece of piss for you guys, but a good step up for me so I'm chuffed and it came out well...well we see when it's painted :D

I'll admit to wearing armbands though as I thought it would be a good experiment for trying out some extra time in the mix.
Cheating a bit I suppose, but helped me get over the mental barrier of doing it!

Anyway, another thanks from me to you lot for helping me over the last year and putting up with me!! :)
We all build up what we can manage by ourselves gradually. So long as you don't let your standards slip you will be fine. Onwards and upwards (y)(y)

We all build up what we can manage by ourselves gradually. So long as you don't let your standards slip you will be fine. Onwards and upwards (y)(y)

Good advice mate. Its in a mates rental property that I've been helping him do up in between my other work and I've pretty much ended up plastering the whole house which has been good practice.
Cheers Marshy.

22m isn't a piece of piss on your own mate. Was it over boards or a reskim? I did a similar size 1 yesterday on me tod, been raining all week as soon as I started spreading first coat sun came out it was 20degrees sweating like a pedo in a playground

Nice one Chrispy , I was same yesterday did a job was shitting my knickers tbh didn't think I'd pull it off but I did , still buzzing today about it :birra:

22m isn't a piece of piss on your own mate. Was it over boards or a reskim? I did a similar size 1 yesterday on me tod, been raining all week as soon as I started spreading first coat sun came out it was 20degrees sweating like a pedo in a playground

Reskim mate, and had coving on too.
Good ceiling for me to attempt as tbf, the walls/coving are a bit wonky so without ripping everything out, you'd never get a perfect job. He just wants it to look sound as its been rented out. I still made sure I did a good job though and tackled it as though it was a mint room to start with.

Reskim mate, and had coving on too.
Good ceiling for me to attempt as tbf, the walls/coving are a bit wonky so without ripping everything out, you'd never get a perfect job. He just wants it to look sound as its been rented out. I still made sure I did a good job though and tackled it as though it was a mint room to start with.

I hate reskims when there's coving it never looks right to me when you loose the depth, infact I'm not a fan of coving full stop

I did a similar lid last week, artex and coving, quite hard to try and keep an even profile on the coving, i was also on my own and sweating, not good.

Run the toe of your trowel along the coving line with an even pressure, that's what I do anyway

to get a straight line on a reskim up to coving.
we keep about 20mm away from the cove on the first coat, then just touch the cove with the 2nd coat. it cuts the cleaning down time as well, as soon as the 2nd coat is on we clean the cove.

It doesn't get any easier either hadn't done a bigish one for a while took it out of me a 46 sqm

Attachments

• IMG-20170927-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20170927-WA0002.jpeg
    827.1 KB · Views: 236
How thick do you put your skim on lol ? You would never know once finish
Depends on existing celing might be artex that needs some bonding in first coat, might be uneven and require filling out in areas

Doesn't matter, still shouldn't notice once finished
b*ll***s Iv seen work where the coving edge has been totally lost. What if the celing has had a reskim before? It's just not possible to keep it every time

We all want to know what trowel did u use mate
Refina
Nela
Marshalltown
Speedskim
Beroexpert
Curry
Putz
Kraft
Tyzack
Ox
Ragni

?

Why do we ? I couldn't give a sh it what he used.

And before you ask no I haven't used it yet

We all want to know what trowel did u use mate
Refina
Nela
Marshalltown
Speedskim
Beroexpert
Curry
Putz
Kraft
Tyzack
Ox
Ragni

?

13" Tyzack Vincey, nothing particularly fancy. Another confession...bought a 2' speedskim which really helped me with the flattening after laying on.
The extra time threw me a bit as in the past when I've been doing large ish ceilings, I've always had to jump straight back on it as soon as I've coated up but was surprised how long it hangs for. Just gave me a bit more breathing space to get buckets cleaned and the next mix ready etc. Your vid helped mate, gave me a bit of a bench mark to work to.

Ha spend all ye early years getting faster then realise ye to old n knackered so slow down and realise you can Still make as much lol

Run the toe of your trowel along the coving line with an even pressure, that's what I do anyway
What are you f**k**g talking about lol the guy is clearly learning and you go all technical on him like a mechanic does when he opens your van bonnet and needs some extra cash saying it's your mega zip zap and hydro fuckwank all gone and will cost a fortune?? o_O(y):D

What are you f**k**g talking about lol the guy is clearly learning and you go all technical on him like a mechanic does when he opens your van bonnet and needs some extra cash saying it's your mega zip zap and hydro fuckwank all gone and will cost a fortune?? o_O(y):D
:aburrido::aburrido::(

Is the hydro fuckwank not a real thing, that's what they did me for on my last MOT:frenetico:

It's all good Marshy...trying my best mate :D