Chromatram (german)..... does anyone know what type of render this is?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i'm new on here, been plastering for about 5 years now, but haven't used any of the newer render products, done a fair bit of sand, cement work. A friend of mine has got a load of bagged render for cheap to use on the back part of his house, an old brick extension that needs tidying up (painted brick work). The question i've got is its in german and it's called Chromatram ???. Think it's a silicone render? If anyone has any info on it, i'd be very grateful ;D ( method of application, how to finish ect) Doing it as a favour but want to make a good job of it and will be a good learning curve. Many thanks in advance

i speak a bit of German but wouldnt bother me arse trying to translate.
As a general rule of thumb, render doesnt stick to paint altho guys
on here talk about a product called rendaid which i've never used and am skeptical about but
they reckon works. For a definitive answer u wanna ask Kirk and no stone will be
left unturned ;D

For a definitive answer u wanna ask Kirk and no stone will be
left unturned ;D

[/quote]

:D lol. Lets hope he see's this then.

Got a feeling its similar to K rend. Does anyone know a link to the process of this? ( how many coats, how thick a coat, how long in between etc. floating/finishing.
Cheers

warriorupnorth said:

Its defo not this product :) it's just a plain white bag, with the colour printed on the side and a label on the top of the bag in german. As i've never used the bagged renders before was wondering if its the same method as sand cement, just maybe the keying up on base coat is done differently and the rubbing up? What gets me is i dont know what is mean't by scrapping back?

scraping back is for certain renders, it is when the product has set to a point where you can scrape the surface to reveal a finished looking render.
Why not try a bag on some old wall and see what you can do with it, also have a look at some youtube videos for coloured renders you will get a better idea then.

The link that i put up seems to take you to a totally different page to the one i was looking at ??? ??? the page i was reading gave you a break down of the various uses and applications it could be used in , don,t know what happened there

Mike , if its a mono render then apply it to your pre prepared substrate, to a depth of around 15-18mm ruled flat (and spat if you wish) the flatter you get it the better, then as hardens up (you should be able to leave a thumb indentation with moderate pressure) scrape the render back with an i section and then with a long toothed scratcher leaving a uniform textured effect , hard to explain, really easy to do , like sprayit said , just practice on small area. sorry about the dodgy link :(

Cheers for the info warriorupnorth :)

Think I'l get the details of where my friend got it from and give them a call. Thanks for the info though. Would like to get into this side of plastering. Did an apprenticeship a while back but apart from that I've worked on my own alot so just do the basic stuff, float/set, skimming ect, mainly domestic and internal work.

Yeah just had a look myself Warriour seems the link is right its Mapei Ultra self leveler good stuff actualy ive used it lots but i think he will have trouble sticking it on a wall.
Lucius

lucius said:
Yeah just had a look myself Warriour seems the link is right its Mapei Ultra self leveler good stuff actualy ive used it lots but i think he will have trouble sticking it on a wall.
Lucius

will leave nice bell casts though ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.