chippys

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurth1984

y carnt chippys fit door frames right always need dubbing out or never in line for ruling off.
is it a northen thing or not

know what you mean mate one firm i work for i refuse to dub them out now cos its getting ridiculous, thier alright about it though they just said skim wall and then its the chippies problem

know what you mean mate one firm i work for i refuse to dub them out now cos its getting ridiculous, thier alright about it though they just said skim wall and then its the chippies problem

Do u skim inside the frame..so the frame is sticking out further than the wall..?

lol like your style but its every frame every job not hard to measure the stud work add 12.5 + 12.5 then little bit for skim.
Dont think they own a 6ft level too

And why dont they sell frames off the shelf big enough for dot and dabbed blockwork?

They need to be 6.25" at least and they only sell what they call 6" which are actually 5.75" after plaining.

I've had to get them made on a number of occasions, I hate it when they add strips around the non closing side.

yep same on stud work (4x2) thay need to be 125 and thay bang em in at 135ish?
did a rendering job just b e 4 crimbo a college chippy was on site said to him cud u string all the frame heads in as its gonna av a suspended ceiling in and dient want ceiling fixers moaning about no stright ceiling lines chippy said yes mate no probs.
Next day go to float out all going well half way down hall way ruled off frame checked the ceiling line boom runing out ad to tickle it a bit said to chippy blah blah blah he said string line wernt long enough so he gussed them in WHAT A TOTAL TOOL

yeah mate for this one particular firm i just plaster round them unless im floating the walls out of course, but its ok i spoke to the gaffer and he said he knows the chippies sheit but hes the best they can get at the mo "just go round em son and the priick can sort it out himself" that was the actuall phrase.
this chippie does silly things though like stud wall boarded out bangs the door frame in itll be shy of the boards on inside of room and bout an inch or more out on the other side

s**t in the currunts bag!! tell him you couldnt get to the bog in time so you guessed that his bag would be ok

i hid all the batteries to all his power tools once haha sat them all on noggins in a wall then boarded the wall, but i was properly pissed off tht day had nothing but hsl to so with tons of doors and all the liners were ridiculous, i took the boards down after a hour or so of him moaning swearing and blameing anyone and everyone

it was sort of like :RpS_scared: then:RpS_cursing: then:RpS_crying: then:RpS_angry: and finaly:glare:, just a small run through of the many emotions shown at that traumatic time in his life

fcuks me off when they chase a light in on the ceiling and they dont chop or cut the joists.. wankkkers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.