Chip and pin card reader

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can effectively do plastering on credit for people if they use a credit card. Add the fee to the bill. You get paid in four days... No messing.

That's true but the bigger bills that's a fair chunk the card people are taking. If there willing to pay the 2.75% fee then that's profit on every job if they just do bank transfer and pay you same at no cost to you.

I was thinking about getting the PayPal card reader until u posted this, PayPal reader cost £99, do u know if there's a set up cost with the screwfix 1?

My nephew just over, got knocked for 5 weeks earlier this yr, Aussie contractor up sticks and went back leaving loads of unpaid sole traders, now an Irish mob owe him 3 weeks and look to be doing the same, watch out guys,

Easier for some to disappear I suppose, hate knock job cunnts,it's why I work rarely for unknowns

Yeah I know what you mean, but it's easier for us, erm, slightly older dogs as we've build up a client base and domestics are fine cos you know where they live!

Yeah I know what you mean, but it's easier for us, erm, slightly older dogs as we've build up a client base and domestics are fine cos you know where they live!
Feel bad for him,28, nice lad,getting knocked so much in six months, so many fly by nights out there, they need hurting

worldpay do one for £12.99 a month, windy. but only up to £1000. no percentage fees per transaction. paymentsense are also good. i am hopefully getting one with santander in the next few weeks. just changed business account from natwest, who were crap, but it seems santander might be worse :RpS_mad: i think you're right. people with an extension or attic conversion to do will be made up that they can put it on the card. just put it in the t and c that card transactions will incur a 2.75% fee. thats commonplace.

PayPal have an offer on ATM. We are just about to get one for some trade fairs we are going to do. £60 setup and they charge 2% of the transaction. I will get more details for you....

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Probably worth mentioning that taking credit cards for payment can backfire in a big way. The law treats them differently to any debit payment (bank transfer or cheques).

So if a customer decides that they've changed their mind about paying after you've gone. They ring Visa and say you didn't do this, or did do that, or the plaster's pink and they wanted blue. Visa credit the money back to their account as it's now a disputed payment with no need to consult you whatever.

You then have to disprove the customer's claims rather than the other way round, and IF you get any money back it can take months.

I only accept bank transfers or cheques. If a customer wants to pay with credit then they can get a loan/re-mortgage.

Imago thats something to consider re the credit card.. if its true it leaves u wide open to get bumped

Well its right if u use credit card for other things so i think its correct, ive never new what happened to the company etc side of things or thought about it ......

I have the payleven one if you get it through jewson the fee is 2.5% which stated in my quotation that customers who want to take advantage of it the charge of 2.75% will be passed on. You get paid weekly from them once you registered and bought the terminal for around £60 there is no set up fee and you get all the help you need once set up just install the app on your phone and as long as you have a Internet connection your good to go.
Have to say though only used mine a couple of times as they don't want the chsrge passing on so mostly get my bank zapped

the paypal one is wank. they say the charge is 2.75% but thats for non commercial. if its a business account and transaction the charge is 3.25% plus 20p for each transaction. i'm just waiting for my business account to change over before taking the plunge. but you need to read the small print for all of them. this is in the izettle ts and cs:

Business account
A maximum of £500 is available on your bank account three banking days after the transactions were made. The remainder will be deposited approximately 10 banking days later.

that's crap. i want all my money straight away so i can spend it. but i do think it would boost business. people will think of getting work done straight away instead of waiting for payday or until they've had their holidays etc. get some before and after photos. people aren't gonna start clawing back the money. you're paranoid ffs

after reading the paypal small print it wasnt that bad. it was 2.75% per transaction the same as the others. no waiting for the money like izettle and particularly payeleven. bought it a few weeks ago when it was reduced to £49.95. but it didnt work with my phone. when read up on it doesntnt work with many phones including samsung galaxy, htc, etc. what a joke. beware. got my money back and am now waiting for the worldpay zinc one. money in your account within three days or sooner. you can record cash transactions on it as well for accounts purposes. send receipts by text or just write them out with a pad they send you. job i went to see tonight might well be the first customers. young couple who seemed a bit taken aback by the price. told them they could pay by card and they brightened up somewhat. doing it in a couple of weeks time :RpS_thumbup:

PayPal have an offer on ATM. We are just about to get one for some trade fairs we are going to do. £60 setup and they charge 2% of the transaction. I will get more details for you....

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Does the 2% get charged to you or the customer. Just wondering how much cash to bring to the fair instead of the card

I only charge £60 a day including mats and most people have £60 in the bottom draw so no need to get one.............im booked up till 2017.............................:RpS_thumbsup:

I only charge £60 a day including mats and most people have £60 in the bottom draw so no need to get one.............im booked up till 2017.............................:RpS_thumbsup:

When did you put the prices up arti

There are apps on the app store such as smart trade app that dont charge unless you want them to and are free to download. I would defo recommend this as a cheaper and more effective and organised option

There are apps on the app store such as smart trade app that dont charge unless you want them to and are free to download. I would defo recommend this as a cheaper and more effective and organised option

looks quite interesting, that. you only get the dashboard options if you sign up for the £19 per month option by the look of it. plus there is a 2.65% + 20p charge on all transactions. i'm not sure it would instil confidence, though, someone taking a pic of your credit card with their phone. i'd be a bit wary. i'm quite happy with the worldpay zinc one i have. has all the mastercad, visa, etc logos on the reader and looks the tits. taken a few payments this week with it. you can also customise your invoices with your logo and terms and conditions etc, send them instantly by email or sms or print them. take chas payments and issue invoices. plus take payments over the phone. it has the shortest waiting time for the funds to be in your account as well. not the ten days plus of a lot of these.

there are other hand held terminals available.

This stuff works aswell :RpS_thumbup:
Its amazing the customer picks it up & then puts it in your hand :)

Status
Not open for further replies.