Chimney rendering

Rolf

Hello.
Hoping someone can offer me some advice. I bought a 1920s house and the chimney in the bedroom was blocked up and no ventilation. Anyway opened it up and all the bricks about 1.5 meters up the chimney have crumbled. I want to render over this section to encapsulate the friable bricks. Has anyone got an idea how I could get the render up I was thinking a small ox speedskim but think the angle would be wrong. It don't have to look pretty I just want to get it on the bricks. The fireplace will not be used. Hope someone can maybe offer a solution. Many thanks Dave.

Hello.
Hoping someone can offer me some advice. I bought a 1920s house and the chimney in the bedroom was blocked up and no ventilation. Anyway opened it up and all the bricks about 1.5 meters up the chimney have crumbled. I want to render over this section to encapsulate the friable bricks. Has anyone got an idea how I could get the render up I was thinking a small ox speedskim but think the angle would be wrong. It don't have to look pretty I just want to get it on the bricks. The fireplace will not be used. Hope someone can maybe offer a solution. Many thanks Dave.

Photos will help

Thanks for the reply this is looking up the chimney.

Attachments

• IMG_20200309_183450821.jpg
    IMG_20200309_183450821.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 131
The top section of the chimney was rebuilt before we moved in but they obviously didn't go down enough. You can't really see from the photo but some of the bricks have rounded and the motor has fell out. The out side was ok but I've rendered the stack outside to make it water proof as obviously water was getting in.

I did have a look at getting lined where they put an inflatable sausage and pour a porcelain cement down from the top but it was going to be a couple of grand and felt it was a bit over kill for a chimney that will not be used. The only way I can think of getting some muck on is with a window cleaning tool and pushing it up with an extending pole.

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_200617994.jpg
    IMG_20200220_200617994.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138