Chimney rendering Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RBA

Am looking for a qualified plasterer to quote for rendering a chimney on my bungalow (BH6area). The bricks are badly blown,as you can see and the flaunch is cracked.
There is easy access to rear of bungalow and about a metre to between the bungalow and boundary fence.

Attachments

• IMG_20140811_130102.jpg
    IMG_20140811_130102.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 489
Look at the bloody height of that bugger.... you don't need a plasterer you need a bricky to lower it and make good....

And get him to through a bit of soapy water over your gutters whilst he is there as they are filthy ........

A chimney London brick would be proud of.... great photo angle...

Nobody off the top of my head is from Bournemouth

Why is that... is it to get the smoke above the roofline to build the pressure
It can't be to close to the roof and ideally clear of the ridge for air to flow freely over the top and create a pull, coupled with the hot gasses rising it will flow fast syphoning the gases out so your house doesn't fill with smoke, the taller the better to keep the vacuums momentum, a house will obviously have another floor for the chimney to climb so that naturally has a few extra meters.

It can't be to close to the roof and ideally clear of the ridge for air to flow freely over the top and create a pull, coupled with the hot gasses rising it will flow fast syphoning the gases out so your house doesn't fill with smoke, the taller the better to keep the vacuums momentum, a house will obviously have another floor for the chimney to climb so that naturally has a few extra meters.

Ah yes figure that may be the reason... great camera angle :)

Ark at her!!! Lol

Wezly is fundamentally correct, but in reality the chimney doesn't need to be as high as the one in the photo seems, 3ft higher than the ridge would be plenty on any building, and if you suffer from a lack of draw due to problems with surrounding buildings or forestry an extractor cowel on the top for just a few quid would do the trick

Am looking for a qualified plasterer to quote for rendering a chimney on my bungalow (BH6area). The bricks are badly blown,as you can see and the flaunch is cracked.
There is easy access to rear of bungalow and about a metre to between the bungalow and boundary fence.

i did 3 of these a couple of years ago it cost £1,500 to scaffold them properly... i wrapped them with ocr and tv10 mesh and came up great

You could always get it done in British gypsums new magnetic plaster. Easier to stick the beads on. Just stick your aerial wherever you want then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.