Check out our testimonial video

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this for a few months now, could do it everyday for next two years and still be within a ten minute radius of my house! Just finding out the technique, chemicals and machines. You could teach someone to clean it quicker than you could teach someone to apply to a high standard so staff wouldn't be a problem.

What put me off Is that it's very seasonal. People aren't interested in having this sort of thing done in the winter. Could make good money spring/summer though. DOFF cleaners are supposed to be good. Chemicals you can find out doing a bit of digging (y)

I've been thinking about this for a few months now, could do it everyday for next two years and still be within a ten minute radius of my house! Just finding out the technique, chemicals and machines. You could teach someone to clean it quicker than you could teach someone to apply to a high standard so staff wouldn't be a problem.

Set up the business then sub contract it out to the local firm :D

If you seal a cementous render on completion with a good quality uv resistant sealer discolouration isn't an issue regardless of manufacturer, and the fella in the video is using krend tc which is a bucket coat so won't stain in anycase.

The manchester dude who did the other krend video does some great work with it and hate to admit that @keithuk does as well even if it does need a clean up after a while.
When they film the videos they take all day to record then cut them down to a couple of minutes..it's hard to get all that info into such a short amount of time.

Seen a company around my way doing it on a big block of one and two bed apartments there was at least 50 apartments might be worth getting into

I'm thinking of jacking plastering and going into render cleaning, would make a fortune. I'm being serious, I've looked into it and can't find anyone near me doing it but in saying that I wouldn't have a clue what to do lol. Read somewhere it's a soft wash pressure washer or something used along with chemicals. It would be easy to find work, just chap every door that has it.
Steam cleaning might be better got a mate who does graffiti removal and cleaning patios ,car parks etc he has a big steam cleaning unit that tows on his van but costs 45k new but he earns loads so pays for its self

I'm thinking of jacking plastering and going into render cleaning, would make a fortune. I'm being serious, I've looked into it and can't find anyone near me doing it but in saying that I wouldn't have a clue what to do lol. Read somewhere it's a soft wash pressure washer or something used along with chemicals. It would be easy to find work, just chap every door that has it.

good call mate thought about that one myself- all the new sites have coloured render, so maybe a future proof career move/sideline- rusting juliet balconies, stone cills and quions leaching down the surface, traffic pollution, its only going to look worse in the future-maintainence free?? erm !!!!!

Steam cleaning might be better got a mate who does graffiti removal and cleaning patios ,car parks etc he has a big steam cleaning unit that tows on his van but costs 45k new but he earns loads so pays for its self
Fk me that's a bit over budget! Had 3/4 grand set up cost in mind for first year

Pro-tip, if you're banging cheap 30 quid bucket renders on a wall expect it to look gash the first time it rains.

The newer silicone bucket renders from all the manufacturers I've used perform much better. Did a TC job a couple of years back that still looks sharp today.

Just do a plain float rubbed flat sand cement render!? Bet half you lot forgot how or cant manage it to a decent standard these days ??

Sorry, I forgot it was the 1960s...
image.png

Them corners will look mint once he's finished topping them and gone round the front panel to actual base/spatch coat it. Nice sharp corners are over rated anyway. Plus they'll be so pissed off he hasn't covered the windows nobody will notice straight away.

The few times i've used k-rend i've always found it nice gear though tbf

There are various self cleaning and anti graffiti renders and paints for render systems, i have used a permarock one and one in Holland called Prinssen

But there are more out there if people/contractors want to pay for it, not saying i know lots about it tbh

If you seal a cementous render on completion with a good quality uv resistant sealer discolouration isn't an issue regardless of manufacturer, and the fella in the video is using krend tc which is a bucket coat so won't stain in anycase.
Yep, its madness not to be sealing your mono for the little effort it is.

I've been thinking about this for a few months now, could do it everyday for next two years and still be within a ten minute radius of my house! Just finding out the technique, chemicals and machines. You could teach someone to clean it quicker than you could teach someone to apply to a high standard so staff wou
ldn't be a problem.[

Last edited:
Could train a couple of young lads to do that then leave them to it. Anyone know what price these companies charge?

Insurance will be very pricey. Lads will need proper training on machinery and access. COSHH certificates etc etc. Not as straightforward as you think but still definitely worth pursuing.
Can't have any young idiot spraying these chemicals about and neither can they be poking red hot lances around in a public area.

Status
Not open for further replies.