Check out our testimonial video

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like k-rend gave him some nice shiny buckets !!
lets have a video in five years - then we can see the joys of coloured render after our lovely weather has abused it .......... just saying !!!;)

Agree about the weather beating this system to a pulp. A few architects we work along side have recently started to spec acrylic render and I just don't see why. It's f**k**g expensive and I think it's quite disingenuous of them showing the clients these nice Jub and k-rend brochures with these pure white crisp looking eco-homes on them because they are in for a shock in a few years time when their nice extension looks terrible.

Agree about the weather beating this system to a pulp. A few architects we work along side have recently started to spec acrylic render and I just don't see why. It's f**k**g expensive and I think it's quite disingenuous of them showing the clients these nice Jub and k-rend brochures with these pure white crisp looking eco-homes on them because they are in for a shock in a few years time when their nice extension looks terrible.
Have there put some sort of anti mould s**t into gear now? I'm not into this k rend and mono so don't know but all I do know is it looks s**t after 3 years and awful after 5+ years..i cant imagine y any1 wud get it if there knew wat it wud look like 5-10 years down the line and its top dollar aswel

Have there put some sort of anti mould s**t into gear now? I'm not into this k rend and mono so don't know but all I do know is it looks s**t after 3 years and awful after 5+ years..i cant imagine y any1 wud get it if there knew wat it wud look like 5-10 years down the line and its top dollar aswel

There are some products to repel dirt and discolouration whether or not they work well is another matter and they are also really expensive.

as you say they do look nice but they're ultimately not suited to our climate. Especially here in Scotland everywhere I look I see filthy thin coats and mono it just looks totally s**t.

There are some products to repel dirt and discolouration whether or not they work well is another matter and they are also really expensive.

as you say they do look nice but they're ultimately not suited to our climate. Especially here in Scotland everywhere I look I see filthy thin coats and mono it just looks totally s**t.
Ye bet it does in Scotland it looks bad enough over here and weather is miles worse ur way than ours..u wonder y its in such demand..

Self cleaning and anti graffiti texture coat on the market if you want to pay the dollar for it

can that be said for all coloured renders though?
I'm not sure which is which tbh Dan like I say its not my field mono and k rend looks same to me so I dnt know which is which..ive seen loads of appartment blocks and houses with dirty looking mis-coloured mouldy looking coloured render

I'm not sure which is which tbh Dan like I say its not my field mono and k rend looks same to me so I dnt know which is which..ive seen loads of appartment blocks and houses with dirty looking mis-coloured mouldy looking coloured render

A lot of the coloured renders in the early days did not age very well but I sure the new stuff is way way better...

I'm thinking of jacking plastering and going into render cleaning, would make a fortune. I'm being serious, I've looked into it and can't find anyone near me doing it but in saying that I wouldn't have a clue what to do lol. Read somewhere it's a soft wash pressure washer or something used along with chemicals. It would be easy to find work, just chap every door that has it.

A lot of the coloured renders in the early days did not age very well but I sure the new stuff is way way better...
I said that earlier in thread dan I said surely there have put sum anti mould stuff into the new coloured render surely

I'm thinking of jacking plastering and going into render cleaning, would make a fortune. I'm being serious, I've looked into it and can't find anyone near me doing it but in saying that I wouldn't have a clue what to do lol. Read somewhere it's a soft wash pressure washer or something used along with chemicals. It would be easy to find work, just chap every door that has it.
Dragons den...

if window cleaners can make a fortune...

if window cleaners can make a fortune...
Fking right, I'm on the west coast of Scotland and the buildings take a battering here, if I could speak to someone who does it and find a bit more out about it I'd go for it. Cleaning it got to be easier than putting it on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.