Chases and an idiot customer

Members online

peterroberts

Had to have a rant, today been filling chases after sparks , three bed house full rewire,
Finished at two , customers husband arrives home starts having a pop saying should have been done in two hours this at most, the usual bollox I've been in the building game for over 30 years blah blah blah,

He's a scaffolder and didn't take it too well when after explaining I've had to cut the wall paper back, fill the 25 holes in the ceilings, replace a piece of cove, prep the chases, bond out etc etc etc, and if he thought it could be done in 2 hours why the hell was I there doing it instead of him.

His reply made me smile as I walked out the door, heard him telling his wife talking bollox I'm telling you it was 2 hours work at most,

He definitely didn't appreciate the Royal wave he got as I drove off, can't wait to see what the boss from the council says to me on Monday ,

Roll on the weekend and no more numptys to deal with, hate council tenants with a passion,

Have a great weekend all!

Had to have a rant, today been filling chases after sparks , three bed house full rewire,
Finished at two , customers husband arrives home starts having a pop saying should have been done in two hours this at most, the usual bollox I've been in the building game for over 30 years blah blah blah,

He's a scaffolder and didn't take it too well when after explaining I've had to cut the wall paper back, fill the 25 holes in the ceilings, replace a piece of cove, prep the chases, bond out etc etc etc, and if he thought it could be done in 2 hours why the hell was I there doing it instead of him.

His reply made me smile as I walked out the door, heard him telling his wife talking bollox I'm telling you it was 2 hours work at most,

He definitely didn't appreciate the Royal wave he got as I drove off, can't wait to see what the boss from the council says to me on Monday ,

Roll on the weekend and no more numptys to deal with, hate council tenants with a passion,

Have a great weekend all!

Don't let it get to you, it's not personal. He's a scaffolder and they have well documented anger management and mental health issues.

It's believed to stem from low self esteem due to their trade. They are under more stress than ever now since the ne H&S regulations came into force. They are no longer allowed to have tyre swings and throwing sh1t at the keeper has been stopped.

Had a builder today wanted me to put on a 30sqm sand cement panel at 2pm to a rubbed up finish that someone else had scratched with the most poor scratch I have seen said it needs a good soaking and another scratch at the bare minimum to even achieve a finish and that as I'm only as good as what I go I won't guarantee that it won't fail and as its 2pm he got no chance really as I was working alone he said he would help as setting up the band stands my tools way out of the way he lifts a scaffold board but drops on my tools snapping my float I've spent 3 years breaking in to a real nice one his response was sorry about that, it gave this almost rise of anger inside I could of ripped his head off all because he wanted to try get it done to make himself look good, are there any good builders around these days that clear rooms have wires already chased in plumbing in a decent floor and good board work that i can just go in and work instead of having to move stuff to get to a wall then once done move it all back,anyway it's Friday so fu ck it

Dan u work for some right jokers
Pete having a run of it at the minute latest is can you board ceiling and and into the four velux Windows but guess where they are going to finish as we can't put them in yet the way they are set in ceiling they are all splayed but needs a good Chippy for a day to pack out as they are at least 80-100mm to short on bit at bottom to fix to hard to explain but not really ideal for me to finish its job after job at min Pete I swear sometimes I think it must be me but they all the same how hard can an extension be dig footings get up to roof him height roof on first fix electrics first fix plumbing plasterer in mis coat kitchen in floor down instead of getting everyone there at same time

Im
Pete having a run of it at the minute latest is can you board ceiling and and into the four velux Windows but guess where they are going to finish as we can't put them in yet the way they are set in ceiling they are all splayed but needs a good Chippy for a day to pack out as they are at least 80-100mm to short on bit at bottom to fix to hard to explain but not really ideal for me to finish its job after job at min Pete I swear sometimes I think it must be me but they all the same how hard can an extension be dig footings get up to roof him height roof on first fix electrics first fix plumbing plasterer in mis coat kitchen in floor down instead of getting everyone there at same time
I'm getting same at the minute
Had a bloke ring me today

Hello can you come and give me a quote

Yes sure what is it that you need doing?

Err plastering!

Yeah but what is it that you want doing

A room

Right is it skimming? boarding? Roughing

That's why I've rang you for a quote

Yes but there is a lot of things associated with plastering like rendering screening dry lining etc. So once I established you required plastering doing its generally accepted that you give a brief idea of what needs doing
I then arrange a time and day to come round and have a look advise and give you a price.

Well I assumed that because your listed under plasterer on Google you would know what I was ringing for!

Hr then got the short side of me with a
Thanks for ringing but I'm not interested find somebody else.
Goodbye

I might be good at what I do (debatable ;-) ) but I'm not f**k**g mystic Meg

Some people they think that I should be knocking one out because they decided to ring me to price some work up

What sort of builder is he that he's unable to drop in a velux?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What sort of builder is he that he's unable to drop in a velux?

roof isn't complete and they want glp or something I don't know I ain't a roofer it can't have lead or something but detail inside of it hasn't been set right so needs packing out on all side so can fix to something I get a picture for you Monday it was a bad day for me today and feel like they ask for my advice I give it from how I been taught and experience then they go yeah but that takes to long it's just cutting corners these days

roof isn't complete and they want glp or something I don't know I ain't a roofer it can't have lead or something but detail inside of it hasn't been set right so needs packing out on all side so can fix to something I get a picture for you Monday it was a bad day for me today and feel like they ask for my advice I give it from how I been taught and experience then they go yeah but that takes to long it's just cutting corners these days
By the sound of it you should've pulled a clemo today!

Scaffolders are thick as fuk. I should know I used to do It on Saturdays for about 6 months.

It took me 3 days to figure out what a long 10 was why the hell would you call a 11/12 foot pole a long 10? I worked out its because they cant count past 10.

And eat curry for breakfast in a cafe at 7 in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ones in London always shouting and swearing at each other even on domestics which I find a bit cringe and I don't even work with them old Mrs daisy indoors and she got them calling each other allsorts to me shows it's not really a trade

i was on a job in russell sq london and there was a scaff who used to hold court every morning with his idiot mates. A young guy up on the scaff doing some render managed to kick some dust down on him he shouted up i will have you stabbed when i find you. He could not see us up on the scaff so i shouted back shut up you big mug he was fuming. Every morning when he was telling his long winded tales to his halfwit mates who believed every word id shout LIAR at top of my voice drove him mental

When I was on the hod we used to have "monday morning mixer pit bullshit" sessions with the labourers ans scaffolders. Each bloke would say they drunk more, fought more or shagged more than the bloke before them. When it got to my turn I'd say i went down the park with my kids or something mundane and they'd all look at their feet cos I wasn't playing the game.

Just thinking,

You dont suppose he thinks you was knocking his misses off all afternoon?

Like he's been in the wagon and he said his toothless mates that a plasterer is going round today and his.misses has got to wait about for him then his mates been saying that you probably spent all afternoon plastering her?