Chas

I think you have to pay for it, be aware there's someone out there who's taking money off people and not completing the paperwork for them, seen it on Facebook a few weeks ago as someone had a rant

Morph-Chaz_web.jpg

It's nothing like the cscs scheme,
If your taking on bigger projects or public sector work you need to be chas accredited. We just payed a local company to sort it all out for us and submitted it all to get accredited, I could have done it all my self, but it takes a while sometimes it's easier just to delegate.
To take bigger projects as a principal contractor on, with more profit etc, it's just something you have to comply with, and it's a good scheme to be involved with.

If your taking on bigger projects or public sector work you need to be chas accredited. We just payed a local company to sort it all out for us and submitted it all to get accredited, I could have done it all my self, but it takes a while sometimes it's easier just to delegate.
To take bigger projects as a principal contractor on, with more profit etc, it's just something you have to comply with, and it's a good scheme to be involved with.

So you pay to go to work, same as cscs so another money making scam!

how much did you pay for your chas. wanna get mine done this year.

So you pay to go to work, same as cscs so another money making scam!
It's compulsory for larger contractors on schemes, if your a one or 2 man band it's not needed.for us It's priced into projects. I run a rendering outfit so I'm not "paying anything to go to work", I have a responsibility for Heath and safety of lads that work for me on the books and subbies, that's my obligation.

how much did you pay for your chas. wanna get mine done this year.
I paid a local firm 350 plus vat, then the fee to chas was 280 plus vat if I recall, but it's tiered on the size of your outfit we are 5-15 workers so it's more than under 5 say.

Same here.i paid a firm to sort mine as I hate paperwork!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's compulsory for larger contractors on schemes, if your a one or 2 man band it's not needed.for us It's priced into projects. I run a rendering outfit so I'm not "paying anything to go to work", I have a responsibility for Heath and safety of lads that work for me on the books and subbies, that's my obligation.

I' m all in favour of proper health and safety and glad you take it seriously, but I think its a shame that everything has to have a fee these days and there are plenty off people willing to take it. Common sense has always been free!

So what's the score with this as I'm looking onto it, I know I'd need a copy of a few rams, public liability insurance, employee insurance??

Anything else I'm missing?

Also when it's in place is there a data base you go on where larger firms can look you up and obviously these jobs can be charged more than a domestic job, again we mainly do rendering.