Charging cordless batteries from a generator.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyM

Private Member
Anybody had any problems with this? I did hear that it fucks your batteries, but don't know if this is an old electricians tale.

I've seen lads standing there doing it for ten mins, I tried doing it but when you get close to the end it just goes on and on and couldn't help myself **** it put it on charge

My Hilti lithiums can be charged from any stage of depletion without ill effect. It is just whether the differing current or frequency going into them i'm worried about.

Im no spark, and could stand to be corrected. But I believe that the batt is charged by DC. Via a AC to DC transformer and some clever electronics inside the charger.

So I beleive the frequency of the genny is irrevelavent.My guys have charged Lith ions on a genny and not had any problems that I know of.

To be sure, you should perhaps call the manufacturer.

Anybody had any problems with this? I did hear that it fucks your batteries, but don't know if this is an old electricians tale.

I'm not sure about damaging batteries but I do know that some generators are safe to run things like computers off and others are not. I think it's to do with fluctuations in the power they're generating or not in the case of the ones that are safe to use.

if you store a battery it should be flat, dont stand there 10mins to make it go flat just so you can charge it the next day cos all youll do is knack your drill not the battery!!!! generators dont charge properly it has something to do with the ohms watts amps or something like that, personally i think its french electric, does its job but gets the dog on if you ask it to do something else

i cant wait till they they invent the 240 AC lead direcct into the drilll far easier and cheaper,

Status
Not open for further replies.