Change of circumstances

Members online

Formby plastering

In all honesty how many of you could just stop what you're doing now and be a full time house dad ?? The missus is about to go studying as a nurse and needs me to change career to stay off 5 days a week. I have two little ones and expecting another.
In all honesty I love going to work I no obviously the end of the day I love my kids to bits and am going to have I just can't get my head in the right place??

I.m knocking Thurs fri in head soon to look after little en .looking forward to it though going to works easier . Missed it with first 2 as was always at work .

I'll be honest I couldn't do it, I'd be walking the walls inside 2 weeks, and be considering throwing myself off of a bridge by the end of the 3rd.
Fair play to anyone who can though

In all honesty how many of you could just stop what you're doing now and be a full time house dad ?? The missus is about to go studying as a nurse and needs me to change career to stay off 5 days a week. I have two little ones and expecting another.
In all honesty I love going to work I no obviously the end of the day I love my kids to bits and am going to have I just can't get my head in the right place??
Where's the money going to come from if she's studying and your at home with kids mate?

That's a big ask from your mrs. That's a whole income gone!
Like others have said you'll have an easier time at work. You'll be off with very little income so won't have much money to entertain the little'ns.
As much as I'd like to do it, nowadays it's a tough choice!

Where's the money going to come from if she's studying and your at home with kids mate?
It's going to be a hard slog to be fair a lot of savings and working weekends or even nights. Two is hard enough but having a 3rd as well dreading it I've got a little girl at 1 little boy at 3

That's a big ask from your mrs. That's a whole income gone!
Like others have said you'll have an easier time at work. You'll be off with very little income so won't have much money to entertain the little'ns.
As much as I'd like to do it, nowadays it's a tough choice!
I just wish she did it earlier or even when we had one.
I no it's a big ask but I've said if anything ever happened to me I no she could support them with that kind of job and not have to worry as much

I just wish she did it earlier or even when we had one.
I no it's a big ask but I've said if anything ever happened to me I no she could support them with that kind of job and not have to worry as much
You'd never see each other! Big strain on the relationship mate. Tough, but not impossible.

I couldn't do it, I'd end up on Jeremy Kyle going to some re-hab place. Plastering isn't a job for me, it's a paid hobby. Wanted to do it from a young age and couldn't wait to start. Hats off to you mate if you can put it in the back burner, I won't envy you looking after your kids, that's a graft. Just don't tell the mrs it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd never see each other! Big strain on the relationship mate. Tough, but not impossible.
It's getting me down a little bit as it gets nearer to it .. I don't want to go into a depressive mood about it just keep telling myself there's no one better to mind them then me or the missus.

Not a hope would I do it.Fair play to you if you can.

I couldn't do it, I'd end up on Jeremy Kyle going to some re-hab place. Plastering isn't a job for me, it's a paid hobby. Wanted to do it from a young age and couldn't wait to start. Hats off to you mate if you can put it in the back burner, I won't envy you looking after your kids, that's a graft. Just don't tell the mrs it is.

In all honesty though I'm a little scared it's always been her doing the majority of looking after them.

Just do it if you got the cash saved . Your kids are only young once . I gonna do Monday Tues wed sun . So only same now really as I do half days Thurs fri . Just got to make sure you have time together still

Your mrs is really asking a lot of you to basically just give up work, can't she study part time? If I'm honest staying at home looking after kids all day is harder than going to work, I'm not sure I could do it full time, financially it would never be feasible in our household.

Just do it if you got the cash saved . Your kids are only young once . I gonna do Monday Tues wed sun . So only same now really as I do half days Thurs fri . Just got to make sure you have time together still
Fair play to you mate you seem happy to jump straight in. Yes I think it will put a little strain on the relationship I just hope it all goes well. I can see were your coming from as I'll get the most memories with them whilst young I just never seen myself to end up in the vice versa roll

When my mrs has had a challenging day with our two girls she rattles on about nursery for the little one, she doesn't mean it though, I couldn't have a stranger doing my babies nappies. It works for some people very well I'm sure but I just wouldn't like it , my mrs feels the same.

Your mrs is really asking a lot of you to basically just give up work, can't she study part time? If I'm honest staying at home looking after kids all day is harder than going to work, I'm not sure I could do it full time, financially it would never be feasible in our household.
It's a full time for the majority of the year I'm just trying to weigh everything up and save as much as I can .. I feel like I'm making progress as far as plastering concerned this year too

When my mrs has had a challenging day with our two girls she rattles on about nursery for the little one, she doesn't mean it though, I couldn't have a stranger doing my babies nappies. It works for some people very well I'm sure but I just wouldn't like it , my mrs feels the same.
Exactly the same in Ares too mate plus I'd be plumitting more than half my wages with childcare because it's crazy money in the nursery my ways.

In all honesty though I'm a little scared it's always been her doing the majority of looking after them.

I'd be the same, my mrs is a stay at home mum. I don't give her enough praise for the job she does. In work terms it's like a 100m2 mono gable on your Todd in direct sun and gale force winds. Like learning a new job really, you'll f**k things up a few times but you'll get there. [emoji1360]

When my two were Young, she gave me the kids for two hours , while she went out , I could of bounced em both off a wall by the time she got back , 2 hours tops for me , fu ck that

Some people are lucky to have a supportive family network around that can help out? Sadly for us we've got hardly anyone that can help but also my little girl is approaching two and she is a real handful so it wouldn't be fair to let someone else deal with the tantrums.

It helps if they sleep well at night, my youngest was nocturnal for quite a while and it completely destroyed me:frio:

Some people are lucky to have a supportive family network around that can help out? Sadly for us we've got hardly anyone that can help but also my little girl is approaching two and she is a real handful so it wouldn't be fair to let someone else deal with the tantrums.
Yes the support is there it's just everyone works through the week .. I couldn't personally ask of one them to have the three and cut back on there job weekends aren't a problem.

I no all about them tantrums then they both kick another off like banging your head against a wall at times.

Congrats Rich. Your life will never be the same (y) in a good way obviously :D
Thanks,a week late, and I was working miles away, cue panic drive back home, I nearly delivered her in the car, we just made it.but yep your right I havnt had a good nights sleep in a week and a half, and it's killing me.:eek:

Thanks,a week late, and I was working miles away, cue panic drive back home, I nearly delivered her in the car, we just made it.but yep your right I havnt had a good nights sleep in a week and a half, and it's killing me.:eek:
Wait to there bout 3/4/5 and you take them to the swing park and some little scum fu cker pushes them or tries to get in front of them in the queue, you wanna run the little cu nts over and hold your hands up against there scummy parents :boxeador:

Iv only got 1. The first 6 months nearly killed me. I don't have the patience for another i really struggled with the screaming. She's 3 now and a real daddy's girl I love her to bits but I still work 7 days I just make sure the few hours in a morning and at night I give her my full attention. When I'm off on the odd Sunday I always take them both out and spoil them, same with holidays we have a good 2 weeks away once a year. I couldn't never quit work to look after one though first financially we'd never manage and I wouldn't have the patience. If they were born at 3 years old and we won the lottery I'd have a football team

Wait to there bout 3/4/5 and you take them to the swing park and some little scum fu cker pushes them or tries to get in front of them in the queue, you wanna run the little cu nts over and hold your hands up against there scummy parents :boxeador:
Ha yep I can invisage that,
It's funny how you alter your way of thinking, I was driving the other day, and I was driving like a snail knowing she was in the back in her seat, and then some dick pulled out in front of me resulting me slamming all on, I went apeshit with this geezer which I don't often do as I'm pretty laid back, it a good job she can't pick up on bad language yet.