Certified Plasterer Scheme - Q&A

Members online

100927_cartoon_084_a15162_p465.gif

So
Never once Have I wanted a scheme from British gypsum let alone a Mickey Mouse one.
Sounds dead Mickey Mouse - ran by the leading manufacturer, they require customer references, come out to assess you, offer you support and training and then they have the cheek and audacity to offer you this for free for the first year, yeah your right it's a bloody cheek and a proper dodgy scheme

Never going to change the minds of people who look at everything with suspicion and a sense of doubt and scepticism, for years we've all wanted BG to have a recognised scheme - they do it and people criticise them and say there doing it for the money etc, maybe if people are that unhappy with their supplier they should make a stand and buy some other manufacturers products, maybe they are scared they won't pass the assessment or that they may have to do more than just skim?!?!
Lol get a grip it's not about that and let's have it right your first post was saying if you need the work you have a problem then you go onto say your joining, then you say if you pass the assessment lol it's three years experience and public liability. It's not about changing people's minds about BG, we all use their products so save it. Don't turn it into an argument like some other members do. I have the experience mate and that's guaranteed it's not a boast it's obvious, I've been around a long time so save that argument. We are having a discussion and again people go on the defensive get a f**k**g grip. The idea in principal will work and it has been asked for for years, but the way it's being run out is a shambles, apart from anyone who gets it free it's hard to gauge whether it works. I've said from day one the fact qualifications are not even a part of it, even to the point of anyone with quals is not recognised makes it a joke, we have had the argument on here for years about the craft dying on its arse and being saturated, then the biggest provider of plaster comes along with in my opinion an ill thought out idea. Take that as you like, I couldn't give a f**k I don't need the work and I'm turning it down every day, but I think it could work if the basics were ironed out. The problem is anyone and everyone can get on it which will make it like every other type of site it's that simple and time will tell, it only needs a couple of bullshitters to get in and mess it up and then it failed as far as the customer is concerned. I have been all for something like this for years, do a search, go back through my posts five years ago it's all there, it just annoys me that I am being made out to be a hater off some members who have been bought.

Last edited:
@Jurek it's more than half empty glasses, like I said before if questions were not asked then loads from here would of wasted money on the aerotherm course and for what ? Nought. If British gypsum were more up front then We wouldn't be having this conversation

Lol get a grip it's not about that and let's have it right your first post was saying if you need the work you have a problem then you go onto say your joining, then you say if you pass the assessment lol it's three years experience and public liability: it's not about changing people's minds about BG we all use their products so save it. Don't turn it into an argument like some other members do. I have the experience mate and that's guaranteed it's not a boast it's obvious, I've been around a long time so save that argument. We are having a discussion and again people go on the defensive get a f**k**g grip. The idea in principal will work and it has been asked for for years but the way it's being run out is a shambles, apart from anyone who gets it free it's hard to gauge whether it works. I've said from day one the fact qualifications are not even a part of it even to the point of anyone with quake is not recognised makes it a joke/ we have had the argument on here for years about the craft dying on its arse and being saturated then the biggest provider of plaster comes along with in my opinion an ill thought out idea. Take that as you like I couldn't give a f**k I don't need the work and I'm turning it down every day but I think it could work if the basics were ironed out. The problem is anyone and everyone can get on it which will make it like every other type of site it's that simple and time will tell, it only needs a couple of bullshitters to get in and mess it up and then it failed as far as th customer is concerned. I have been all for something like this for years, do a search, go back through my posts five years ago it's all there it just annoys me that I am being made out to be a hater off some members who have been bought.

What's someone's qualifications got to do with it??? How many times since you qualified have you been reassessed? I passed my NVQ 20 years in March next year and I've not had my work checked since by someone else? Under this scheme they said they asses u every 3 years.
Some of the best plasterers I know never had any formal training or have any relevant qualifications but are you saying that makes them a worse plasterer than you with your papers ?!?!? Bit arrogant that mate. I've also seen and put right my fare share of work carried out by "time served" "qualified" plasterers.

Alex from Bauwer renders has only been a sponsor here a short time and I have more respect for him and his attitude than I ever will for bg! Comes across as genuine not pushy and full of good communication.

What's someone's qualifications got to do with it??? How many times since you qualified have you been reassessed? I passed my NVQ 20 years in March next year and I've not had my work checked since by someone else? Under this scheme they said they asses u every 3 years.
Some of the best plasterers I know never had any formal training or have any relevant qualifications but are you saying that makes them a worse plasterer than you with your papers ?!?!? Bit arrogant that mate. I've also seen and put right my fare share of work carried out by "time served" "qualified" plasterers.
The fact it's for unqualified people is the point I'm making, i think they are important and I would like for my kids to get qualified in whatever career they chose. It's not a competition about who is better grow up, we've been here before with this argument about who is better and I will tell you now the quals you have are a watered down version of the C&G that were introduced in 1997 to make out everyone was qualified but I guarantee you didnt learn s**t :)

Alex from Bauwer renders has only been a sponsor here a short time and I have more respect for him and his attitude than I ever will for bg! Comes across as genuine not pushy and full of good communication.
He has been honest since day one and addressed and communicated with the members and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it to them :)

@Jurek it's more than half empty glasses, like I said before if questions were not asked then loads from here would of wasted money on the aerotherm course and for what ? Nought. If British gypsum were more up front then We wouldn't be having this conversation
Lol. I know. Just a bit of fuckery.

It's for anyone just
The fact it's for unqualified people is the point I'm making, o think they are important and I would like for my kids to get qualifies in whatever career they chose. It's not a competition about who is better grow up, we've been here before with this argument about who is better and I will tell you now the quals you have are a watered down version of the C&G that were introduced in 1997 to make out everyone was qualified but I guarantee you didnt learn s**t :)

I must of learnt something as I've been paid by both CG and CSkills to write and help produce plastering qualifications, maybe you couls do with some top up training given your age I know a couple of good 3 day courses you can go on

I must of learnt something as I've been paid by both CG and CSkills to write and help produce plastering qualifications, maybe you couls do with some top up training given your age I know a couple of good 3 day courses you can go on
Yes I'm aware of that and who has done it and is involved in it, so doesn't really impress me ;)

Not meant to impress just retaliating, that means comeback, to your comment about my lack of ability or knowledge. You don't happen to run a certain group on Facebook do you.
No I've just been around a long time and know what's what and who is who ;)

I've been dealing with Alex off the forum. Nice bloke. Have you used the Bauwer Finish yet.

I've been dealing with Alex off the forum. Nice bloke. Have you used the Bauwer Finish yet.

Be intresting to try something different to BG, post if you use it and let us all know what it's like. Done a bit of reading and they mention sanding it to the finish?!? Is that really needed

My question was'nt answered about crap 2 yr guarantee. Can't see any of my customers paying a couple of grand for a re skim knowing bg wont guarantee there products longer. Wonder what NHBC makes of it, makes there 10 yr guarantee a farce

Be intresting to try something different to BG, post if you use it and let us all know what it's like. Done a bit of reading and they mention sanding it to the finish?!? Is that really needed
I did a test panel. I tried to float it but no hope. I sponged it. It didn't look great drying out it had white water marks on it. I've put paint on it and it looks OK. I did sand one half just to see if it would it did. But I wouldn't want to be sanding it. I think the best way is to just flatten it with the trowel and that's it .

Attachments

• 20160825_181703.jpg
    20160825_181703.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 225
  • 20160825_211617.jpg
    20160825_211617.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 224
  • 20160825_211541.jpg
    20160825_211541.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 227
  • 20160829_173743.jpg
    20160829_173743.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 236
  • 20160902_155947.jpg
    20160902_155947.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 239
Basically bg can produce any sh*t they like and we have to turn it into a good finish to make ourselves a wage and make them look like superstars, and charge us 250 a year, f**king no brainer!!