Certified Plasterer Scheme - Q&A

i was a bit disappointed. i thought it would be like an apple launch or something. with the british gypsum guy on a stage taking questions with a massive picture of unifish as the background.

I actually thought he/she was ignoring me lol, I don't think anyone is any wiser though but good luck to those who join, but I just can't see it taking off.

Yeah I thought the same at first.....

i was a bit disappointed. i thought it would be like an apple launch or something. with the british gypsum guy on a stage taking questions with a massive picture of unifish as the background.
For me the big question is @BritishGypsum why do your stupid bags rip so easily, for gods sake fix the bags....my van is covered in plaster from your rubbish bags ripping nearly every day

I don't think they answered any questions that were asked and we are still non the wiser on certain things. It was very unprofessional to come on ten days ago and announce they would have a Q and A then anounce it randomly at 2 o'clock on a Friday with ten minutes notice. Most of the questions they answered were to people who were taking the piss which weren't really that important at this stage, one answer that did stand out was to do with the guarantee and that was aslong as they filled out some kind of form for the job they done to get the guarantee. Why didn't they elaborate? @theplasterman you seem to be buzzing about getting something right but I'm not sure what it is maybe you can elaborate on this form? What does the form say? Again we are back to square one and non the wiser and before people go off on one I may join it if there are any free places left but that's only because it's free and no other reason. It doesn't sound appealing at all apart from it being free that's all, and if it stayed free I would be in it for life. Three years experience is not really a long time in this game and being in business a year defeats the object of three years experience, public liability is £80 a year so no biggy, was it a typo saying three references off homeowners or does doing someone's house on a. Council estate count? Is it backed up by BG because the comment about a warranty of the trades mans work kind of deleted that? A shame really this could of been a chance to find out more information but it seemed like a politician answering what he wanted to and skirting on other issues. Take that how you like I only write my opinions on what I see and read xx

I don't think they answered any questions that were asked and we are still non the wiser on certain things. It was very unprofessional to come on ten days ago and announce they would have a Q and A then anounce it randomly at 2 o'clock on a Friday with ten minutes notice. Most of the questions they answered were to people who were taking the piss which weren't really that important at this stage, one answer that did stand out was to do with the guarantee and that was aslong as they filled out some kind of form for the job they done to get the guarantee. Why didn't they elaborate? @theplasterman you seem to be buzzing about getting something right but I'm not sure what it is maybe you can elaborate on this form? What does the form say? Again we are back to square one and non the wiser and before people go off on one I may join it if there are any free places left but that's only because it's free and no other reason. It doesn't sound appealing at all apart from it being free that's all, and if it stayed free I would be in it for life. Three years experience is not really a long time in this game and being in business a year defeats the object of three years experience, public liability is £80 a year so no biggy, was it a typo saying three references off homeowners or does doing someone's house on a. Council estate count? Is it backed up by BG because the comment about a warranty of the trades mans work kind of deleted that? A shame really this could of been a chance to find out more information but it seemed like a politician answering what he wanted to and skirting on other issues. Take that how you like I only write my opinions on what I see and read xx
2 points I was slated for on other thread were answered mate , my buzzing as you put it is humour ,I mean without thread spiralling into kaos you would of put something similar if it was not confirmed on the fee per lead side.
To be fair the guarantee questions were answered also.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 points I was slated for on other thread were answered mate , my buzzing as you put it, is humour I mean without thread spiralling into kaos ,you would of put something similar if it was not confirmed on the fee per lead side.

I'm not sure they were, absolute no detail what so ever

2 points I was slated for on other thread were answered mate , my buzzing as you put it, is humour I mean without thread spiralling into kaos ,you would of put something similar if it was not confirmed on the fee per lead side.
That made no sense

What two points? And what were the answers? Not a dig I honestly don't know what your talking about and why you are happy about getting something right? I can see why you would be happy coz you get so many things wrong xx

I got a response to my inquiry about joining today so I'll give them a ring monday. If I get in for free and get work out of it I'll happily pay for the following year. The proof is in the pudding.

I got a response to my inquiry about joining today so I'll give them a ring monday. If I get in for free and get work out of it I'll happily pay for the following year. The proof is in the pudding.
Some people. are getting work out of it so it will work but if it works for a million people is another thing.

I've still not had anything from it. They e mail me asking if I want experience of performance plasters but it's come to nothing yet despite numerous attempts to get involved. Feels a little disorganised if I'm honest. Like they're just fumbling their way through it.

Well if you need leads for work then your obviously not very good and probably not the right plasterers for this scheme, I never have to go looking for work as I have plenty and plenty of repeat work but I will be joining the scheme, if I pass the assessment, to get the chance to be seen as working with the leading manufacturer and with their endorsement, a chance to get proper training from the manufacturer on new products rather than advice off Facebook and web based groups who don't have a real clue, and for which I can charge more for installing as I'm giving my customer a wall that gives them more than a flat surface to paint on, obviously that probably over most of your heads.

Well if you need leads for work then your obviously not very good and probably not the right plasterers for this scheme, I never have to go looking for work as I have plenty and plenty of repeat work but I will be joining the scheme, if I pass the assessment, to get the chance to be seen as working with the leading manufacturer and with their endorsement, a chance to get proper training from the manufacturer on new products rather than advice off Facebook and web based groups who don't have a real clue, and for which I can charge more for installing as I'm giving my customer a wall that gives them more than a flat surface to paint on, obviously that probably over most of your heads.

What training ?

Won't be unlimited entry, no point, they will only want a small number nationally then close it to new entries

What are you talking about pmsl they will take as many members as they can which will not be many btw, this is about making money for them not providing work for you

Good point smudge. I have enough work to cherry pick the jobs I want but like you say, it'll make new punters feel more confident and possibly give me a fee more lucrative jobs to choose from. We'll see...

What are you talking about pmsl they will take as many members as they can which will not be many btw, this is about making money for them not providing work for you
How much? £250 per person to join, how much do you think the assessor will get paid, how much to maintain and run the system? Say 10,000 members join that's £2,500,000 a year no offence that would be pocket change for a company like BG who are part of a company who have a income of £40 billion worldwide per year

@gps and @flynnyman I ain't being funny but if you re read from the start of page 11 I do think they answered most of the questions you asking again tonight.

Tbh I don't want to get into a ding dong on another thread again tonight.

Enjoy your night
I don't think I asked any questions or maybe I did when you said most? Lol goodnight sweet heart xx

@gps and @flynnyman I ain't being funny but if you re read from the start of page 11 I do think they answered most of the questions you asking again tonight.

Tbh I don't want to get into a ding dong on another thread again tonight.

Enjoy your night
Never going to change the minds of people who look at everything with suspicion and a sense of doubt and scepticism, for years we've all wanted BG to have a recognised scheme - they do it and people criticise them and say there doing it for the money etc, maybe if people are that unhappy with their supplier they should make a stand and buy some other manufacturers products, maybe they are scared they won't pass the assessment or that they may have to do more than just skim?!?!

How much? £250 per person to join, how much do you think the assessor will get paid, how much to maintain and run the system? Say 10,000 members join that's £2,500,000 a year no offence that would be pocket change for a company like BG who are part of a company who have a income of £40 billion worldwide per year
Do you think they could provide 10,000 people with work?

So you think they would stop at 10,000 and not take an extra 10,000 members because it's pocket change your mad and deluded

Never going to change the minds of people who look at everything with suspicion and a sense of doubt and scepticism, for years we've all wanted BG to have a recognised scheme - they do it and people criticise them and say there doing it for the money etc, maybe if people are that unhappy with their supplier they should make a stand and buy some other manufacturers products, maybe they are scared they won't pass the assessment or that they may have to do more than just skim?!?!

Never once Have I wanted a scheme from British gypsum let alone a Mickey Mouse one.

i agree with you. i think for some people - and im not mentioning any names - the glass is always half empty. its a shame. you should grasp opportunities that come your way. have a notepad handy all the time so you can jot down ideas that come into your head. i make an entry in my journal every night of things i should be thankful for etc. i wake at five each day. im a member of the 5 am club. its a magical time of day. i get as much done in those few hours as most people do in a week.