Cemetone PVA

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWand

For all you bargain hunters B&Q doing 6 litres for £8....................seems a steal....................:RpS_thumbup:

Av never used there PVA before but with freeflo being top notch im assuming the PVA will be decent gear as well

Do people seriously still use pva anymore?

its all I ever use bobby why not?

1) average room cost a fiver can pick up from anywhere

2) soon as applied knock up and skim

whats not to use about it???:RpS_confused:

its all I ever use bobby why not?

1) average room cost a fiver can pick up from anywhere

2) soon as applied knock up and skim

whats not to use about it???:RpS_confused:

Agree with this, very rarely do I come up against something that pva won't deal with.

When I do over skim I buy betokantact and get the customer/ builder to roll it on,turn up and skim.lovely

that's ok if you only do the odd private job but if you just do domestics like myself I can be in 5 different places in 1 week alone would be some task to drive over before each job provide gear for them to use including roller and tub not to mention a lot of customer wouldn't want anything to do with it and personaly unless its a previous customer or builder that have a realy good rapore with think its unproffesional asking customers to prep for you.

Maybe its just me though!

It's not coloured...
They main advantage of the grit stuff is its virtually idiot proof for labourers.I think some spreads think they are more savvy when they use it, needs to be cheaper, some pva are very weak ,you need to add more pva instead of water.

They main advantage of the grit stuff is its virtually idiot proof for labourers.I think some spreads think they are more savvy when they use it, needs to be cheaper, some pva are very weak ,you need to add more pva instead of water.

all I do is buy a 5ltr tub of pva empty into a big 15litre paint kettle fill empty pva tub with water and empty contents gives me a 50/50 mix give a good mix...job done!!!

perfect for all substartes easy enough to spread but got enough guts to hold on paint and hold back suction on high suction backgrounds.

Only ever apply 1 coat let dry and crack on just don't know what all the fuss is about!

btw all this apply at 5/1 let dry blalabla then apply at 3/1 go tacky blabla etc etc what a loads of bollox!!!

1 coat 50/50 let dry and crack on!...SIMPLES!!!:RpS_thumbup:

all I do is buy a 5ltr tub of pva empty into a big 15litre paint kettle fill empty pva tub with water and empty contents gives me a 50/50 mix give a good mix...job done!!!

perfect for all substartes easy enough to spread but got enough guts to hold on paint and hold back suction on high suction backgrounds.

Only ever apply 1 coat let dry and crack on just don't know what all the fuss is about!

btw all this apply at 5/1 let dry blalabla then apply at 3/1 go tacky blabla etc etc what a loads of bollox!!!

Not alone ...

I just think its old hat.if the paint is a vinyl type pva is s h I t.move with the times.
Knauf betokantact is 40 quid and goes miles.

I just think its old hat.if the paint is a vinyl type pva is s h I t.move with the times.
Knauf betokantact is 40 quid and goes miles.

trying to re invent the wheel bud!

5 quid a room! whats not to like!!!

ref vinyl paint - just let 1st coat go before topping it realy realy aint hard mate!!!

Anyway will agree to disagree:RpS_thumbup:

is it ghosts john - or a Jehovah at the door :RpS_lol:
Yrs ago, Jehovah's knocked at my flat in Peckham,they said" we are here to talk about God and religion, I said ,sorry ,not interested, they said in god or religion? I said "the conversation and closed the door. Boom boom

I let them do all the talking --------- then tell them im just about to change the batteries in my hearing aids cos these are knacked - then ask them to repeat what theyve just said.............. :RpS_laugh::RpS_lol:

I've always worried about plastering over dry pva, wondering how it will stick, but I met alot of blokes who do it.:RpS_confused: always wondered, not heard a definitive opinion on it.

Do you never get problems on high suction substrates if you only one coat zombie?

I've always worried about plastering over dry pva, wondering how it will stick, but I met alot of blokes who do it.:RpS_confused: always wondered, not heard a definitive opinion on it.

Pva re emulsifies when wet so it's as good as going over tacky pva, just try it, it won't fall off trust me :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.