cement board

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer

got a call today from a woman wanting her garage skimming out,turns out shes selling it but its got cement boards on the ceiling.Shes decided to hide the boards in case a potential buyer sees it and knocks her price down, anyway anyone plastered this before can i just pva and then skim any comments would be appreciated.

got a call today from a woman wanting her garage skimming out,turns out shes selling it but its got cement boards on the ceiling.Shes decided to hide the boards in case a potential buyer sees it and knocks her price down, anyway anyone plastered this before can i just pva and then skim any comments would be appreciated.

Masterboards are pretty standard for a garage ceiling and not designed for plaster as far as I'm aware :RpS_thumbup:

Over board it , could just cause u a load of grief skimming it .... If shes not happy with that stuff her . If u just skimmed it and it went wrong she will end up tellin her friends etc that plasterer a used proper fuckedd up lol

And dont just listen to the customer of ' i just need this skimmed ' your the pro you tell then how it should be done . I prefer the customers that let you explain the way you are going to do it , you way not there way !

Be careful they are not asbestos impregnated boards (if you are going to overboard, be careful with dust) - how old is the garage...?

Gypsum plaster will stick to cement boards, but will go a funny colour over time (even when painted, the paint will discolour - usually a yellow colour)

The Knauf Ready Mixed plasters are OK onto cement boards, they are not gypsum based, so are not effected in the same way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.