Celtic in the prem

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hail hail

Private Member
Its been debated quite a lot ovee the years and its as far away as ever but ya never know.

Would you want it, ya or na! TBH, I think the English are afraid of it because they know, if there's one team that'll be challenging for that title then it'll be the green and white hoops from the east end of Glasgow with their Irish connection. That is the main reason stooping us from entering it! One day thou one day!!

Your joking hail, they'd be relegated with the quality of the current side!
That said they would be able to strengthen a lot with the money in the prem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been debated quite a lot ovee the years and its as far away as ever but ya never know.

Would you want it, ya or na! TBH, I think the English are afraid of it because they know, if there's one team that'll be challenging for that title then it'll be the green and white hoops from the east end of Glasgow with their Irish connection. That is the main reason stooping us from entering it! One day thou one day!!

Not good enough to be in it. And the Scottish league is as bad as the Irish League.

Your joking hail, they'd be relegated with the quality of the current side!
That said they would be able to strengthen a lot with the money in the prem

Not with the team we have now! Once we get hold of the money then other teams Ger, there's no stopping us. Even mohrinuo said he'd love to manage us if it happened. Celtic have the potential to be like the real Madrid's, utd and barca in world football thou that all boils down to getting into the prem where all the gold is :(

Not good enough to be in it. And the Scottish league is as bad as the Irish League.

Scottish league is f**k**g dire its so fcuking depressing. Wouldn't mind the scum back to spice it up a little but even at that, that isn't going to make much difference!

The reason celtic look good is because of the rest are shite......put em in the championship first.

They would have to disband the spl for it to happen, I guess Cardiff and Swansea have done it. The only way would be to start at the bottom and work up, but I guess they'd have to sacrifice playing in the champions league for it, I'd sooner piss the league and have a crack at playing Barcelona,bayen Munich etc than be an average perm team at best.

The French leagues terrible with psg pissing it I don't recon the spl is much different.

They would have to disband the spl for it to happen, I guess Cardiff and Swansea have done it. The only way would be to start at the bottom and work up, but I guess they'd have to sacrifice playing in the champions league for it, I'd sooner piss the league and have a crack at playing Barcelona,bayen Munich etc than be an average perm team at best.

Ya, Cardiff and Swansea are prime examples that you can be in one country yet play in another. Derry City is the same thou I still class it as one country myself.

Not with the team we have now! Once we get hold of the money then other teams Ger, there's no stopping us. Even mohrinuo said he'd love to manage us if it happened. Celtic have the potential to be like the real Madrid's, utd and barca in world football thou that all boils down to getting into the prem where all the gold is :(

How do you mean hail, not with the team you have now?
The present team wouldn't have a hope of promotion from championship.
Derby have spent nearly 30 million and are fifth. There are clubs paying far more than Celtic too!!

i think Barnsley fc would give them a run around :inocente: even the Sheffield teams would give them a good work out :lol:

How do you mean hail, not with the team you have now?
The present team wouldn't have a hope of promotion from championship.
Derby have spent nearly 30 million and are fifth. There are clubs paying far more than Celtic too!!

I mean with the squad of players we have now. I'll admit, their dire but us as a club in the prem would attract the cream of the crop. In saying all this thou, I'm in 2 minds whether I really want it or not because once in the prem, that's the soul of our club destroyed

Itll never happen. Ever. both teams would need to move. The spfl would fold within twelve months and we'd both be crying into our pies watching our teams get demolished by Yeovil Town

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm a Rangers fan and although it's a nice idea for the revenue it would generate, you're in cuckoo land if you think it's possible. The biggest problem with it is the fact that EPL fans don't want our shite on their doorsteps from certain sections of the old firm fans, namely your mob with their anti British bile.

Don't get em started granty. You know theyre always the victims

I'm a Rangers fan and although it's a nice idea for the revenue it would generate, you're in cuckoo land if you think it's possible. The biggest problem with it is the fact that EPL fans don't want our shite on their doorsteps from certain sections of the old firm fans, namely your mob with their anti British bile.

What are you talking about our shite, you'd will be left up there. It won't be about rangers.

Itll never happen. Ever. both teams would need to move. The spfl would fold within twelve months and we'd both be crying into our pies watching our teams get demolished by Yeovil Town

Same as above!

Rangers are finished. Even one of their magor shareholders said rangers didn't have the potential as the Celts did.

British football doesn't want Pro IRA anti British support going to their stadiums every weekend and although it's a minority of the overall support, it's a very vocal minority that rears its ugly head at away games.

To say it's because of us they wouldn't get in when your support wrecked Manchester is a bit silly now

It's all bullshit u see lads wearing Celtic and Ranger jerseys they couldn't name one player in the teams. Plus put the 2 teams together and still wouldn't be good enough for the prem. Lol

British football doesn't want Pro IRA anti British support going to their stadiums every weekend and although it's a minority of the overall support, it's a very vocal minority that rears its ugly head at away games.

What, sure that would spice the atmosphere up alright and its badly needed in the prem :inocente:

Don't get em started granty. You know theyre always the victims

Rangers fans all walk around with halo's I presume.
Rangers played my club in pre season and they were very vocal on 'topical' subjects, even though who they were playing had nothing to do with it.

And actually if you do history of the last 700 years you would know 'they' probably were the victims.

Shame we just cant talk about football isn't it.

Rangers fans all walk around with halo's I presume.
Rangers played my club in pre season and they were very vocal on 'topical' subjects, even though who they were playing had nothing to do with it.

And actually if you do history of the last 700 years you would know 'they' probably were the victims.

Shame we just cant talk about football isn't it.

On a serious note i couldn't give a f**k about religion. There's just as many bad rangers fans as there are celtic. Im not religious in the slightest and my stepdad is actually a Catholic yet is a bluenose. Ill quite happily just talk about football

Ive stayed away from this thread tbh....thru fear of it going a bit ermm..wrong..but pleasanty surprised.(y)..for me my mother was catholic irish, my dad was protestant,done his duty in the army..didint follow football really.So i grew up knowing both sides..but they never seen a devide?( my.mum took me to my first game at parkhead 1976..she loved football ..lol)
but eventully i made up my own mind.
couldnt understand at a young age how my best pals went to diffrent school from me.:mad:..f**k**g madness:muyenojado:..
but its gave me a good outlook on religion ...its devides people.Its a load of shite.like a cult.
anyway i digress.....sorry.
back on topic...celtic in the prem??!!.
if the west of scotland disease of bigotry and sectarinism can be cured we may have a chance of strutting our stuff in the epl.......but i dont think it shall come in my lifetime? Hopefully my grandkids may have a chance.......but up to.your knees in fenian blood,and up the IRA aint really got a place anymore...but sadly as grantyboy and stu have touched on....there is still the knuckledraggers minority that tag along..:cachetada:.
..do love the old firm banter to be fair...one of my best mates is a fuckkin bluenose bastadd...lol
wow what a long post...sorry

I think the term 90 minute bigot somes it up perfectly mate. Most of us have sung the songs then next day carried on talking to our mates at work who are huns and fenians. My old labourer was a celtic fan. Used to love the day before old firm day. The day after one of us was dreading turning up to work

:LOL:...that is it right there....its a fortnight game...the week.leading up to it and the week after...:(....best derby In the world??love it or hate it..rough with the smooth....Is it the best derby in the world tho??

My mothers a catholic and my father a Protestant so I'm same as Fatarm in the sense I am close to both sides. My mum does tell me story's of how my dads family wouldn't speak to her when they first met and she would never get invited to any family gatherings and was referred to as the Wee Catholic. obviously times have changed now but as said before both sides as bad as each other but all the sectarianism needs stamped out. Orange walks and republican walks should be banned as these just keep the hatred going but are allowed due to tradition but all it's doing is passing the hatred down from generation to generation.

My mothers a catholic and my father a Protestant so I'm same as Fatarm in the sense I am close to both sides. My mum does tell me story's of how my dads family wouldn't speak to her when they first met and she would never get invited to any family gatherings and was referred to as the Wee Catholic. obviously times have changed now but as said before both sides as bad as each other but all the sectarianism needs stamped out. Orange walks and republican walks should be banned as these just keep the hatred going but are allowed due to tradition but all it's doing is passing the hatred down from generation to generation.

They should keep the Orange walks. I like throwing stones.

What am i going to do with my sash and gloves if they stop the walks? Suppose i could become a snooker ref...

Status
Not open for further replies.