Celling light centre

Members online

harryj490

just wondering if you guys can help me want to move this light to the centre of the room as if close the window bedroom is upstairs with loft above how do it move it. I will post some pics as haven't done much with lighting .

Attachments

• IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0815.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 305
Get in the loft and pull the cables up then put them in the place you need them, depending on the age of the property which I suspect was built before the war they may be inside a metal conduit so I you may have to pull them through that aswell.

This is the light fitting so will need to undo these than pull through? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
Turn the power off take the wires out of the fitting, put you Hole where you need it in the room then feed your wires through then connect back up.

I was told that the reason lights were like that back in day was something to do with that others from the street looking in couldn't see in fully don't know if it's true though, I take it this is a private job and you been asked to move it? If enough slack on cable be easy if not get a sparky in

as you remove the cable from the ceiling rose the most important wire is the black switch wire which is on its own, mark this wire as i must be kept separate from the other black wire or wires when you reconnect.

You a plasterer and have never had to remove a light for boarding etc??

we never remove a light fitting on an overboard.
either cut the board to the joist close to the light fitting then cut a slot out for the cable. or if close to the edge of the board just cut a slot in the board, and slide the board in sideways. if no fixing, replace the piece of removed plasterboard and stick with no nails.

either cut the board to the joist close to the light fitting then cut a slot out for the cable. or if close to the edge of the board just cut a slot in the board, and slide the board in sideways. if no fixing, replace the piece of removed plasterboard and stick with no nails.

Same as.

I was told that the reason lights were like that back in day was something to do with that others from the street looking in couldn't see in fully don't know if it's true though, I take it this is a private job and you been asked to move it? If enough slack on cable be easy if not get a sparky in
It's to do with the war :)

Yeah I do that the majority of the time if a normal Rose but if it's a light like the kitchen spot lights on a bar that's doesn't that have a rose then i disconnect. How would you get round that?

Yeah I do that the majority of the time if a normal Rose but if it's a light like the kitchen spot lights on a bar that's doesn't that have a rose then i disconnect. How would you get round that?

just lower the light fitting. then the same method.

I never touch electricity, I leave that to the multi traders

Here its illegal for anyone other than an electrician to touch them. This iscwhy I pay them to fit 3 wires to showers, sockets for me. Even thou I'm well capable of doing it, I dont take this liability on just in case!

Last edited: