Ceilings.

Members online

I like to stick to the middle of walls. The bits I can reach without stretching up or bending down.

I think the float and set days are beginning to become a thing of the past..the dot and dab system has took the skill away from the trade..Most newbies don’t even carry a straight edge these days...:(
I.ve not been asked to do any for years . Though when /If we put extension on I.m doing it . Loads better then plasterboard.

Twice this week,two different people asking if I could come and price for plastering ceilings because the other guy they phoned doesn't do ceilings??
One asked if I would do the ceilings and the other plasterer will do the walls???:wtf:.....
Was it warty from "warty a wall plastering services"??

I have actually worked along side boys who did that.
When lad started i asked him what I do they told him not to in college. He said they got told to go from top down then bottom up. I go from top down then do middle then kneel and do bottoms. I said when your knees are like mine you.ll same

When lad started i asked him what I do they told him not to in college. He said they got told to go from top down then bottom up. I go from top down then do middle then kneel and do bottoms. I said when your knees are like mine you.ll same
I mean literally, said fella would coat the middle leave the top and bottom for someone else to come and do lol

I'm doing 3 rooms sand cement float and set at the moment. it's a pleasure to do. Glad I was shown the way when I was as most lads my age (26) and younger can't do it.
If i built a house of my own it's how I'd do it. f**k that hardwall stuff too. We did a care home and sheltered houses with it few years ago, well Hard coat it is here. F*****g hated it. Handy for a Patching job though to skim it same day though.

Attachments

• IMG_1983.JPG
    IMG_1983.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 159
If i built a house of my own it's how I'd do it. f**k that hardwall stuff too. We did a care home and sheltered houses with it few years ago, well Hard coat it is here. F*****g hated it. Handy for a Patching job though to skim it same day though.

yeah love the sand cement way mate. I never really done much hardwall float. that is long gone round here. 90% of it is dabbing now but clueless builders dabbing onto bear brick solid walls and wondering why it's damp in 2 months!! As I was always told, you can't beat waterproof sand cement.

So.
If there is a percentage of spreads nowadays that cannot “do ceilings”...Who will be the first to spot the gap in the market to either make a special ceiling board that needs no finishing,......
Or,.....bring back artex so any t**t can do it...........
I predict a large house builder will market the “ textured ceiling” once again.....
And so the wheel turns....

So.
If there is a percentage of spreads nowadays that cannot “do ceilings”...Who will be the first to spot the gap in the market to either make a special ceiling board that needs no finishing,......
Or,.....bring back artex so any t**t can do it...........
I predict a large house builder will market the “ textured ceiling” once again.....
And so the wheel turns....
Seen it last week that someone was after artexers, they have a few sites he was saying they do 600 houses a year, unreal