Ceiling

Members online

carys

Got a big ceiling coming up 31ft by 18ft do I do it my self or do I get a hand? . I am thinking of doing it my self got my speed skim ready. When it to big I usually do it in two a joint whith pva. Or does anybody else got a better idea. Before anybody calls me a wimp not doing it in one hit I. am 44 days of killing my self have long gone you get wiser when you get older

As above, get someone on it with you and race to middle. Or follow you laying down.

and to use your argument, what is he's rough and makes a mess of the other half?

If you're going to the trouble to vet someone and get them in then either leave them to it or get two of them. Get the gear on site for them and leave them to it. Then come back later to collect your wedge after a relaxing day or working somewhere else earning even more.

How many domestics can move furniture out, I think I'm lucky if had 5 in my life with a room that size.

and to use your argument, what is he's rough and makes a mess of the other half?

If you're going to the trouble to vet someone and get them in then either leave them to it or get two of them. Get the gear on site for them and leave them to it. Then come back later to collect your wedge after a relaxing day or working somewhere else earning even more.

Surely he knows another spread whos tidy to bang it out with.

Surely he knows another spread whos tidy to bang it out with.

circulus in probando :sisi:

In which case my original point stands doesn't it? Sub the work to him and off you go.

circulus in probando :sisi:

In which case my original point stands doesn't it? Sub the work to him and off you go.

Fiesty one yam are.

It sounds a big lid and could catch someone out. It’s best just to tag team it with someone tidy imo.

Id be biting my nails all day subbing that out to a random

Tell them on quote and it’s always empty. Sometimes have to work around stuff tho

I go one step further with my T&Cs.

"Should access and preparation fail to be carried out as agreed then any additional work (moving items of furniture, vehicles etc) will be chargeable at £50 per hour or part thereof."

Not had one who didn't bother when I drew their attention to that. If they do though it'll be a tidy pay day.

I go one step further with my T&Cs.

"Should access and preparation fail to be carried out as agreed then any additional work (moving items of furniture, vehicles etc) will be chargeable at £50 per hour or part thereof."

Not had one who didn't bother when I drew their attention to that. If they do though it'll be a tidy pay day.

I usually chance it tbf cba with written agreements etc
I guess, but that's the hardest part of anything involving other people working for/with you. Trusting them.

I’ve had it fail few times so just one man band now

Do it in 2 done correctly you don't c any seam, done loads and painted them with no visible seam.

Get a second trowel on it with you and spread the dosh for an easier morning, or rolling set if it catches up with you .

Got a big ceiling coming up 31ft by 18ft do I do it my self or do I get a hand? . I am thinking of doing it my self got my speed skim ready. When it to big I usually do it in two a joint whith pva. Or does anybody else got a better idea. Before anybody calls me a wimp not doing it in one hit I. am 44 days of killing my self have long gone you get wiser when you get older
do u want me to come down to show u piece of piss put on half; work it till nearly finished then put chalk line mark across it NOT ON A JOINT then cut it with toe of trowel scrape off excess with a scraper leaving straight line continue with second half get on turn back finish off first half make tea listen to popmaster finish second half/ early home or put some beads on round windows if u want piss in gauging water to slow down set/ ps wish I was 44 lifes not started yet HAHA GOOD LUCK

Just do a rolling set, mixing no more than ONE bag at a time. Even use a bit of creme of tartar to give you a bit more time if you want.
IMO a clear working area and being at the right height are the most important things.

Put half on as normal get a coffee and a spliff, whack the sounds up coz your not stopping for the next 3 hr
Speedskim
Second coat but overrun the first half by a quarter
Trowel first half
Speedskim 3rd quarter
Second coat 3rd quarter and first coat last quarter
Trowel first 3 quarters
Second coat final quarter
I'm sure you get the idea it's just overlapping the coats and you probably realize I don't share
I'm 56 and haven't done any that big for years but it always worked for me

Fcuk split it get a hand mate it will look better just put price on job too cover you its one hit for 2 of you
More money for me m8 do it in two and you it go
What if he does it himself and it ends up looking like it's got a zip across the middle?
I've done joint in ceilings many times and they don't show i fancy the challenge. What I'm thinking is doing it in 4 get one area on first nice and flat and start a nother not doing to much at once I think you put to much on you loose control then your fuked

Put half on as normal get a coffee and a spliff, whack the sounds up coz your not stopping for the next 3 hr
Speedskim
Second coat but overrun the first half by a quarter
Trowel first half
Speedskim 3rd quarter
Second coat 3rd quarter and first coat last quarter
Trowel first 3 quarters
Second coat final quarter
I'm sure you get the idea it's just overlapping the coats and you probably realize I don't share
I'm 56 and haven't done any that big for years but it always worked for me
That hurt my head lol

More money for me m8 do it in two and you it go
I've done joint in ceilings many times and they don't show i fancy the challenge. What I'm thinking is doing it in 4 get one area on first nice and flat and start a nother not doing to much at once I think you put to much on you loose control then your fuked
I think that ceiling.s beat ye already. Lol

The overlapping joints should be in line with your final trowel direction

Just do a rolling set, mixing no more than ONE bag at a time. Even use a bit of creme of tartar to give you a bit more time if you want.
IMO a clear working area and being at the right height are the most important things.
and dedication to the job helps