ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstoke

Had a bit of nightmare yesterday I'm refurbing a house up at mo I'd skimmed the kitchen ceiling the day b4 so just preparing the kitchen walls to be skimmed with bit bonding had a little left over so I thought oh few bits upstairs need doing in the bathroom above the kitchen ceiling so trowel n hawk in each hand i stepped to the left completely forgot about the floor board missing size 10 straight thru ceiling my right hand grabbed on to the old cistern nearly riping it off the wall. so I was wondering if you lads had a similar stories

i was working with my mate once. we were tidying up at the end of the day and pete was really throwing the hoover about and put it through the pipe feeding into a radiator valve. big leak into the lounge below :mad: we dont work together anymore:endesacuerdo: its complicated :aburrido:

I was waving an electric cable around in a kitchen refurb once, asking "so where do you need this cable coming out" as you do, after asking the sparky is the power off, little did we know the owner of the house had turned it back on to make a brew and the cable hit the gas pipe and blew a hole in it, was firing out like a blow tourch! I F*****g sh1t myself and legged it into the garden! The electrician just calmly went and turned the gas off at the mains :hueco:always been wary of it since lol

I was doing a ceiling on my stilts and on the final go over I triped on my tarp sheet started to fall
So I stab my trowel into the ceiling to try and stablise myself and low and behold put a big f@@@ing hole in the ceiling...
Plus point I didn't fall over
Lol

I was working in a house with no floors down and I fell between the gap from a spiral staircase and the corner... sat there for an hour pissing blood on the carpet below in agony...

Waited for an hour for the plumber and the chippy to get back from their lunch, and the lifted me out :-(

Carried on for 6 weeks and was moaning about my wrist... found out I had broken it :-(

I was working in a house with no floors down and I fell between the gap from a spiral staircase and the corner... sat there for an hour pissing blood on the carpet below in agony...

Waited for an hour for the plumber and the chippy to get back from their lunch, and the lifted me out :-(

Carried on for 6 weeks and was moaning about my wrist... found out I had broken it :-(
i Cant believe your noodle arms didnt save you.............................;)

Haha sounds like me, i got knocked off ball at 5aside, twatted my wrist, thgt id just bruised it so carried on for 2 years with it cos couldnt afford hav time off, turned out id broke it + been working for 2 years with crack thro the bone, they had to cut a chunk out of my wrist + take a chunk of bone out of my hip to put in my wrist + screw it together then had to hav 3 1/2 months off work with it!

was doing an artex stair ceiling, had the ladders jammed against the stairs and bulkhead, went up there with a hawk full of gear the ladders slipped lost most of the gear on the floor and sliced my forehead with my trowel, thats when I knew this trade was for me. :bailando:

was doing an artex stair ceiling, had the ladders jammed against the stairs and bulkhead, went up there with a hawk full of gear the ladders slipped lost most of the gear on the floor and sliced my forehead with my trowel, thats when I knew this trade was for me. :bailando:
So I take it u reminded of that everytime u look in the mirror eh bud

lol has it got better?

Last year, I just first coated a hallway ceiling ,plumber tripped above me and took the full sheet and all the old lathe and plaster down on the head, was a sore one. And a messy one...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.