ceiling (slightly boring!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveRS

On Monday I was finishing the "flattening coat" on a biggish ceiling, not sure of size but used best part of three bags.
Got to the last half square metre and "bosh!" caught some in the eye !!!

After thrashing around in water like a mermaid on crack!, managed to get the grit out but took today off (don't matter as its a love job) still bloody sore....

Anyway to the dumb question !

Going back tomorrow to do second coat finish, so do I need to wet down the flat coat first ? maybe a 3:1 bit of pva ?? I know its no heatwave at the moment but I am unsure :RpS_unsure:

I thank you !

Steve

Are these reply's " Plasterers showing a mild form of sympathy to a Bricklayer" or "you are stunned that a Bricklayer can hold his arms above his head?" lol

Steve don't put another coat on as this will only make your eye sting again and pva will only make your eye lids stick together. As for the ceiling ,i would stick to bricklaying.

Yep start again Steve, pva n 2 coat:RpS_thumbup:........ And a pair of goggles:RpS_wink: ..... Nowt worse than a blinder:RpS_crying:..... So I'm told, it's never happened to me:RpS_unsure:

On Monday I was finishing the "flattening coat" on a biggish ceiling, not sure of size but used best part of three bags.
Got to the last half square metre and "bosh!" caught some in the eye !!!

After thrashing around in water like a mermaid on crack!, managed to get the grit out but took today off (don't matter as its a love job) still bloody sore....

Anyway to the dumb question !

Going back tomorrow to do second coat finish, so do I need to wet down the flat coat first ? maybe a 3:1 bit of pva ?? I know its no heatwave at the moment but I am unsure :RpS_unsure:

I thank you !

Steve

you should know the drills steve.........its like never leave a casualty on the battlefield...........never leave a ceiling half finished..............:RpS_thumbdn:

Over-board it then get a brave plasterer in to skim it for you:RpS_thumbup:

A day off with a little bit of muck in yer eye? What are ya some kind of wimp or what? Bloody brickies :-0

Best I leave plastering to the "pro's" then eh ?

20008049_2719.jpg

ha

that must be Jace cos he hasnt taken the socket off and its still clean.....................:RpS_wink:

Love the way , he chokes the trowel , I would pva your ceiling leave it a couple of hours and then pva again before I would think about re skimming, and wear the goggles,

Thats wallpaper all the way !

Is this guy a member here then ? have to say he does look like Max Clifford !

Yep start again Steve, pva n 2 coat:RpS_thumbup:........ And a pair of goggles:RpS_wink: ..... Nowt worse than a blinder:RpS_crying:..... So I'm told, it's never happened to me:RpS_unsure:

Finished ceiling yesterday thanks to this advice !

I would of finished same day but sadly I didn't go to the Stevie Wonder School of plastering lol

you only had a bit of sh!t in ya eye, work through jesus, saying that thas onni a bricky:)

Finished ceiling yesterday thanks to this advice !

I would of finished same day but sadly I didn't go to the Stevie Wonder School of plastering lol

The customer probably thinks you did when you bailed on the ceiling the other day............:RpS_laugh:

No :)

It's my daughters house and it's a love job ! all free, my only payment is free lunch....... as I do other things i pick and choose when I go , I've done all the plastering now i'm the fookin decorator ! got to say though i'm having withdrawal symptoms for plastering as i quite enjoyed doing it !

No :)

It's my daughters house and it's a love job ! all free, my only payment is free lunch....... as I do other things i pick and choose when I go , I've done all the plastering now i'm the fookin decorator ! got to say though i'm having withdrawal symptoms for plastering as i quite enjoyed doing it !
Gypsum dependence is a real problem . If you ring the samaritans they have people who are trained to deal with it. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.