ceiling PB'S not flush with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisons

Hello, looking for advice, most of my work with s&c... been asked to tidy up a ceiling repair. Someone put up a new 4x3 board and one end is not flush because he didn't pack out under the uneven joists. Must be an inch difference. Can I hardwall most of the depth then Multi the whole board.

Also if its a inch thick you dont wana be dubbing out with multi? Knock a bit of bonding up chuck hand full of cement in will go off in no time!! Dont listen to ray hes talking shite!:rock:

thanks 09,( board should be dropped but other bloke screwed back the two spotlight decks over the new board. I can't be a***d to take them off, have the cable snap at the lights terminal and find there's no slack.It's beneath upstairs' shower cubicle.) Fisons.

Well said john u beat me , use bonding make it all flush then skim . Ive never used the cement in it just dirty water out the washing bucket to go off quicker

it's not, it's designed for low suction backgrounds. it'll fall off plasterboard.
Thats not what it says on bg website.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1427219039.342118.jpg

if your putting bonding on plasterboard you should gypbond it first like you would a concrete wall, you wouldn't put drywall adhesive on a plasterboard either for same reason, you'd have to grit it or similar.

There's plenty of circumstances this would happen ray maybe as said when a ceiling has been boarded and joists are all over place generally just dubbing out on joints! Or when your going old to new! Theres loads of situations bonding is a very versatile product hope this helps!(y)

if your putting bonding on plasterboard you should gypbond it first like you would a concrete wall, you wouldn't put drywall adhesive on a plasterboard either for same reason, you'd have to grit it or similar.
I best wait by the phone for customers start ringing me about the bonding iv done over boards. So your saying drywall doesnt stick to plasterboards either? Just to be clear? [emoji85]

still think it's a mistake to apply bonding directly to an untreated plasterboard, that's just my own opinion.
il agree to disagree with you cause its never caused me any problems, skim sticks to boards without any priming/treatment so bondngs no different, i could see more of a problem if u put it on too thick but not just for filling out or tight coat.

Well your determined to argue your point il give you that. il continue to do things the way i am though its never fooked up on me, not sayin i have to bond out over boards alot but when I've had to its been fine. Im pretty sure drywall sticks to plasterboard too mate.

You have been told ray leave it now! And yes if i had the desire to bond over 10sqm of board i would and i would be happy to put a wager that it will be still on in 10yr :frenetico:

Status
Not open for further replies.