Ceiling boarding/plastering

Nico@

Opinions please. Had ceilings reboarded and plastered. Not happy as can see where joins of the boards are and in some areas tape! E xplanation: just crap in between boards!

Do they need taking down and re done;
Reskimmed or other.

Am upset as looks a mess not sure he actually did take all joints and edges as cracking all round by coving.

Attachments

• IMG_20230526_114031.jpg
    IMG_20230526_114031.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20230526_114016.jpg
    IMG_20230526_114016.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
I don't think edges to existing coving were as cracks all round, he said he hadn't noticed them! Then he claims he taped them but actually think he put decorators filler in which recracked.

Very concerned at new ceiling which you can clearly see outline of the joins right across ceiling, one place can see tape with a very thin coating of plastering before he painted!!

I'm very upset. A very poor job.

Opinions please. Had ceilings reboarded and plastered. Not happy as can see where joins of the boards are and in some areas tape! E xplanation: just crap in between boards!

Reskimmed or other.

Am upset as looks a mess not sure he actually did take all joints and edges as cracking all round by coving.
Painting is shite too.

Did you do that?

Reskimmed or other.

Just a bit careless. Filler will sort…but shouldn’t have to go that route.

Hello it gets worse......the bedroom ceiling originally had a crack ...so plasterer literally overfilled it and painted it!
When I had a discussion with him telling him it looks like tracks he then started filling and sanding but when I went, again looked overfilled and bubbling.

It is worse then it originally was and he now claims its not his responsibility, claiming the ceiling had been filled/boarded before but with paper tape and distemper and no PVA....my flat is not that old! and that is the reason for the bubbling as the water from his filler/plasterer has got behind it. To ad insult to injury he has pulled it off but the ceiling is coming away!

I am very concerned as you can imagine.....polite suggestions would be very welcome as to how this can be rectified!

See attached this is pre-water bubbling so much worse now but dont have photo with me at this moment, but this is bad enough.

Attachments

• bed ceiling.jpg
    bed ceiling.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 95
Could be damp plasterboard, when plaster applied to it the paper started pulling back, had that once, didn't notice plasterboard being damp on one side. Ended up taking the whole sheet down and replacing it as it'd just sag like s**t. Just a suggestion though. It may also be that he's screws are not hitting the joists so therefore there's movement and cracks.

Hello it gets worse......the bedroom ceiling originally had a crack ...so plasterer literally overfilled it and painted it!
When I had a discussion with him telling him it looks like tracks he then started filling and sanding but when I went, again looked overfilled and bubbling.

It is worse then it originally was and he now claims its not his responsibility, claiming the ceiling had been filled/boarded before but with paper tape and distemper and no PVA....my flat is not that old! and that is the reason for the bubbling as the water from his filler/plasterer has got behind it. To ad insult to injury he has pulled it off but the ceiling is coming away!

I am very concerned as you can imagine.....polite suggestions would be very welcome as to how this can be rectified!

See attached this is pre-water bubbling so much worse now but dont have photo with me at this moment, but this is bad enough.
Yep you’ve been caspered unfortunately

I thought you had died, whilst on holiday in Ibiza, in 1988 ?