Ceack in plasterboard ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

It's a hairline crack right through the middle, looks like they haven't stagered the joints when boarding...It's a newish penthouse apartment...He's had a quote to reskim the whole celing, it's insuarence job...And a big ceiling..40m2.

But i said you could get away with fixing the crack without skiming whole celing, i was going to cut edges of crack out fill with easyfill and paper tape/scrim another coat of easyfill and top out with aimes...Would this be sufficeint?

HOw would you guys fix it?

He said if i make the quote cheaper than his, the jobs mine....Or would i e better skimming the lot?

I would overboard and skim as surely if you skim over the crack will just happen again if the boards are not staggered. Someone might know a better way but thats how i would personally do it

barryed said:
I would overboard and skim as surely if you skim over the crack will just happen again if the boards are not staggered. Someone might know a better way but thats how i would personally do it

That's what i suggested?....I'm just assumeing there not stagered by the way the crack looked..

Push either side of joist to see of there's much movement. I have in the past screwed either side of crack, back into the joists. I normaly reskim over, but if you're any good at filling might be an option. Done it in my house 4 years ago and still no probs.

if its insurance offer to split the money with the owner and reboard and skim.....

both are happy then

Danny

Danny said:
if its insurance offer to split the money with the owner and reboard and skim.....

both are happy then

Danny

Yeah, i'm going to suggest that...I tried that before with someone though and he got funny as f**k....

Status
Not open for further replies.