Cash for Bladerunner

Members online

bar79

Hello all.
I've been trawling the internet for ages trying to get my hands on a Bladerunner. Rare as rocking-horse s**t.
I'm a carpenter by trade and have gone back to college to study design.
I'm doing a project on the Bladerunner, based around the fact it was a brilliant idea but failed miserably because the designers didn't consider the tradesmen who'd be using it day-in-day-out.
I'm finding it a nightmare to explain my ideas without actually having one.
I don't suppose anyone has one in the bottom of a toolbox or back of a shed?
I'll cover whatever you need for it, plus postage.

It would be a big help to my studies, and hopefully, I can come up with an improvement that will actually be of use to the trade.
Thanks in advance,
B

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 20.14.55.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 20.14.55.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 359
Hello all.
I've been trawling the internet for ages trying to get my hands on a Bladerunner. Rare as rocking-horse s**t.
I'm doing a project on the Bladerunner, based around the fact it was a brilliant idea but failed miserably because the designers didn't consider the tradesmen who'd be using it day-in-day-out.

It would be a big help to my studies, and hopefully, I can come up with an improvement that will actually be of use to the trade.
Thanks in advance,
B
Think I have two I’ll look in my unit tomorrow mate and report back

Hello all.

Thanks in advance,
B

straight edge and Stanley knife. 2 items that every trade already has and works well.
Trying to persuade someone who’s dyed in the wool that they need one is harder than having a decent product.
Good luck

Hello all.

Thanks in advance,
B
Invent one for insulted boards you’ll be wedged.

straight edge and Stanley knife. 2 items that every trade already has and works well.
Trying to persuade someone who’s dyed in the wool that they need one is harder than having a decent product.
Good luck
I thought it cut both sides and can do curves

Carpenter, like it, Bladerunner is old hat, pm me and i will point you in the direction of a new product that works.

I thought it cut both sides and can do curves

yes, that’s what I thought it did too, renember seeing them a few years back. Not trying to be -ve, just that most cuts on PB are usually straight, so you’ll need a straight edge.

Carpenter, like it, Bladerunner is old hat, pm me and i will point you in the direction of a new product that works.
I also need to design a new tool similar in principal to the bladerunner but totally unique, would make an interesting problem to solve.

Hello all.

Thanks in advance,
B
I’ve got a dusty one with a few blades if you want it mate

I’ve got a dusty one with a few blades if you want it mate
Thanks a lot, mate. There's another poster on this thread called Vincey who reckons he has 2 of them. If he comes through I'll go with him because it would be ideal to have one working unit, and another to dismantle. If he doesn't come through I'll get back to you. Thanks again.

I've definitely got one and spare blades.
Thanks a lot, mate. There's another poster on this thread called Vincey who reckons he has 2 of them. If he comes through I'll go with him because it would be ideal to have one working unit, and another to dismantle. If he doesn't come through I'll get back to you. Thanks again.

No problem

yes, that’s what I thought it did too, renember seeing them a few years back. Not trying to be -ve, just that most cuts on PB are usually straight, so you’ll need a straight edge.

i never use a straight edge to cut board. just ping a chalk line and cut freehand.

Huh, never seen it before. So it clearly wasn't all that or everybody would still be using it - what was the problem with it?

i have used this method for years and im quite fast at cutting board.
if i am cutting the board length ways, i measure down both sides put a pencil mark. fit chalkline on the pencil marks and ping, then i cut freehand.
if i am cutting on the 1200 width, i just place 1 pencil mark and use a T square and cut along the edge.
i have got somewhere, one of those purpose made cutting tools that you fit to the square edge of the board. set the required measurement ,making a cut as you run along the board.

i have used this method for years and im quite fast at cutting board.
if i am cutting the board length ways, i measure down both sides put a pencil mark. fit chalkline on the pencil marks and ping, then i cut freehand.
if i am cutting on the 1200 width, i just place 1 pencil mark and use a T square and cut along the edge.
i have got somewhere, one of those purpose made cutting tools that you fit to the square edge of the board. set the required measurement ,making a cut as you run along the board.
I just use the tape