Carpet protector rolls

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Found out to my cost today not to use any carpet protector with a logo on it onto laminate flooring. I normally use the clear stuff (obviously i should use the correct protector for the correct floor covering). anyway started pulling the yellow protector roll off the laminate and it left the fewking logo print on the flooring............:RpS_cursing:. wasted an hour scrubbing the logo off...........schoolboy error and lesson learned. This is my tip of the day..................:RpS_thumbup:

Lol. ive Put the carpet stuff on to lammi flooring before Marra,:RpS_blushing: it was a coont to get back up really stuck, came off in bits. But never had the print comin off tho:-0
Only made that mistake once.:RpS_crying:

Beginning to wonder if its just shite carpet roll. it had been down all week and everyday i turned up at the old couple house to start grafting they always had the heating fewkin inferno hot. you couldnt touch the rads they were that hot.......:RpS_laugh:

Its was this stuff. I thought it was the everbuild gear when i looked with it being yellow and black. but when it turned up i realised it wasnt.............:rolleyes)

Theres 2 yellow and black. Roll and stroll and tmc I think it is. Ive had no problem with either but without taking the piss thats obviously why they have 2 different types

Found out to my cost today not to use any carpet protector with a logo on it onto laminate flooring. I normally use the clear stuff (obviously i should use the correct protector for the correct floor covering). anyway started pulling the yellow protector roll off the laminate and it left the fewking logo print on the flooring............:RpS_cursing:. wasted an hour scrubbing the logo off...........schoolboy error and lesson learned. This is my tip of the day..................:RpS_thumbup:

Oh dear:RpS_crying:

:RpS_laugh:

:RpS_lol:

:RpS_biggrin:

Had the same happen with the yellow stuff on tiles felt a right clown when pulled it up with customer watching

I had trouble peeling the fecking stuff off of ceramic floor tiles, maybe we should take a hint from the fact that its called carpet protector as opposed to tile or laminate protector :RpS_blushing:

The carpet protector has more glue on it which is only for carpets
The blue or pink one is for worktops laminate etc which are low tack we use tons of it

The carpet protector has more glue on it which is only for carpets
The blue or pink one is for worktops laminate etc which are low tack we use tons of it

what sort of cost impact does it have on you and the customer using these protectors? i make a rule of not dropping plaster :RpS_lol:

In a room I cut a carpet roll in half. Run it around the edge amd put my tarps in the middle. If im doing a hsl ill just put it everywhere. One roll would do a hsl. For a tenner a roll it saves the carpet. Can stay down till wprks completed. Easily swept up every night and no chance of tripping on dust sheets

In a room I cut a carpet roll in half. Run it around the edge amd put my tarps in the middle. If im doing a hsl ill just put it everywhere. One roll would do a hsl. For a tenner a roll it saves the carpet. Can stay down till wprks completed. Easily swept up every night and no chance of tripping on dust sheets

where do you get from for £10 a roll @beddy

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the jewson rolls ,but about £26 a roll ,then tape it ,for our mono ,the blue tape we got from Ryan is great ,but inside work we use duck tape

I get the jewson rolls ,but about £26 a roll ,then tape it ,for our mono ,the blue tape we got from Ryan is great ,but inside work we use duck tape

does the print come of them Keith or are the clear rolls?

what ever happened to the trusted dust sheets ? doesnt it take an age to install this type of protection ?

nothing happened to dust sheets mate I still use em but you have to move with the times this stuff takes 5 mins to put down an its down till the job is complete
the dust sheets nowadays let dust through em this stuff doesent

@Artisan998 my merchants. Tenner plus vat so 12quid. My mates a distributor for packexe so I get it off him cheaper to. He gives me free rolls for his jobs aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.