Carlite

Roughman

BG,
Why can't we buy /use Carlite finish, skim coat ,ect, in the UK.
I know N.ireland use it.
In lockdown I brought a pallet of skim coat, so much easier to use than multi-finish.
I'd pay £10 for a bag no problem.
You need to start selling it over here.
You probably know that most would stop using multi.???
Please let me know

We all used it during the first lockdown when the ******* was snapping all the gear up,It was nice to use I used the red bag ones didn't try the blue one's I liked it, personally I didn't think there was that much difference between that and multi just you had a little bit more time with the red bag carlite,could be worse could be using that make good brand

We all used it during the first lockdown when the ******* was snapping all the gear up,It was nice to use I used the red bag ones didn't try the blue one's I liked it, personally I didn't think there was that much difference between that and multi just you had a little bit more time with the red bag carlite,could be worse could be using that make good brand
Fair enough I didn't work much through 1st lock down due to being unwell

Blue stuffs better then red I thought

No idea on the Carlite tbh. One thing I’m pretty sure of is that Uni, if it ever came back would need a whole new set of instructions and a new name. It’s a shame because it was a lovely plaster to work with though.

No idea on the Carlite tbh. One thing I’m pretty sure of is that Uni, if it ever came back would need a whole new set of instructions and a new name. It’s a shame because it was a lovely plaster to work with though.
Saved me lots of time on some jobs. We even used to buy the out of date stuff cheap and second coat it with multi

What would be your ideal approximate setting time for plaster
A 30 to 40 min
B 40 to 50 min
C 50 to 60 min
D 60 to 70 min
E 70 to 80 min
Why don’t you sell bags named A-E
I want all of them on different days

PM me for my bank account details for my 5% from profits as was my idea

@The Apprentice . We're talking 2 coats here. Like @Monkey Boy says it be handy with a few options. But I.d prefer to do to two sets of 2 to three bags . This normally takes me 2 and half hours . So be nice to knock half hour of each

Just keep it as new improved multi, can be used with or without pva/grit with added active air technology.

Whats easier about it I have never used it to be honest
I used a gyproc skim coat.
Much easier to get a good finish.
You get about half hour longer, summer hits its perfect.
Fats up so easy, drys out uniform colour much easier than multi-finish imo. Done a big ceiling one of the hottest day of the year, no doors wind coming through, the usual s**t.
I thought I would come out with fat marks everywhere.
Came out the b*ll***s.
Multi-finish is inconsistent.

I gave BG the answer to this year's ago. Sachets of additive to both speed up and slow down setting times. Your people may not have thought it was a good idea and some others did.
Due to the full guarantee that is offered by BG satchels don’t work, who gauges the water out, how much is left in the satchet, how much blows away, to much or to little added. The only way for the guarantee to work is to have a bagged product.