Carlite ultra finish

I used carlite ultra finish for the first ever time very good product only problem I had I can’t see lines in it etc when trowelling them out aswell as when using multi or board finish mind you that could also be to me probably going blind here is the out come any way

Attachments

• 2CCA876C-3D35-4A7D-9C97-8870C563305A.jpeg
    2CCA876C-3D35-4A7D-9C97-8870C563305A.jpeg
    625.8 KB · Views: 698
  • 16F7E3EF-865D-49AE-96EA-AF0D6AD14F88.jpeg
    16F7E3EF-865D-49AE-96EA-AF0D6AD14F88.jpeg
    938.8 KB · Views: 463
  • 9994FE2A-864D-4E4B-8053-11E057D1D0A6.jpeg
    9994FE2A-864D-4E4B-8053-11E057D1D0A6.jpeg
    762 KB · Views: 453
  • CB5C5344-0432-487C-92E1-9D016FB0CD2A.jpeg
    CB5C5344-0432-487C-92E1-9D016FB0CD2A.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 446
  • 30FB10CB-4B22-40D3-8093-38A719514CD5.jpeg
    30FB10CB-4B22-40D3-8093-38A719514CD5.jpeg
    637.3 KB · Views: 468
Looks good fella,let us know after a week of using it what you prefer etc if you could mate
Yeah I will do no problem it also goes off quicker mind you this heat Dosent help and was so hot up stairs today in this domestic property it’s very satisfying laying it on compared to multi or board I think that’s because you can be more tidy with it due to the grey colour

Yeah I will do no problem it also goes off quicker mind you this heat Dosent help and was so hot up stairs today in this domestic property it’s very satisfying laying it on compared to multi or board I think that’s because you can be more tidy with it due to the grey colour
Told you it's better than multi. We use it all time here.

Normal Carlite finish (red bags) don't go off as quick. The ultra is the faster setting one, but red bags are 2.5-3 hours normally. Both hang more in winter obviously with the damper cooler air etc

Last edited:
I am guessing it’s only been imported here as shortage of gypsum products so after these 15 bags of ultra I won’t be able to use it again I would like to use it over gypsum products all the time I used hard coat carlite the other day also was very good

I used carlite ultra finish for the first ever time very good product only problem I had I can’t see lines in it etc when trowelling them out aswell as when using multi or board finish mind you that could also be to me probably going blind here is the out come any way
Mines still not trapped, rung walls and ceilings today said they’d ring back. Not a peep looks well though, can’t wait for a bit of grey plaster.

I am guessing it’s only been imported here as shortage of gypsum products so after these 15 bags of ultra I won’t be able to use it again I would like to use it over gypsum products all the time I used hard coat carlite the other day also was very good
Aye that's out versión of hardwall I take it. I'd rather use mortar than that stuff tbh. Handy if it's for patching a wall so can skim over it same day but doin larger areas,new builds mortars better.

Just to do with the gypsum mines I think mate. Used to get some it was pink but it's all been grey now as long time.
Funny how it used to be grey here (Scotland) but now pink. It was lot more creamy and nicer to rather than multi with all that black grit in it.

Funny how it used to be grey here (Scotland) but now pink. It was lot more creamy and nicer to rather than multi with all that black grit in it.
Carlite doesn't have the black grit in it. The red backs do seem to have Cork seeds in it, must be to give it body, but it. Trowels up fine just sometimes can see it. The pink stuff here didn't have the grit through it. Was pretty similar just different colour.

There's a 'How it's Made', or 'How Do They Do It' episode that's sometimes on telly, which shows gypsum being manufactured using waste byproduct from power stations (possible if the power station uses a method known as Flue-gas desulphurisation). I can't find the right epsiode on youtube at the moment (only one that uses mined gypsum). As I understand it, fossil-fuel power stations release large amounts of acidic sulphur to their chimneys, which, in order to avoid acid rain, must first be neutralised using an alkaline substance (for example, lime / calcium carbonate, etc.).

www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/content/what-plasterboard-made

It might be that gypsum created using this method might be of insufficient quality for trowel application, and therefore may only be used to manufacture plasterboard (probably mixed with recycled gypsum from mined sources), but I don't know for sure.

"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flue-gas_desulfurization

To partially offset the cost of the FGD installation, some designs, particularly dry sorbent injection systems, further oxidize the CaSO3 (calcium sulfite) to produce marketable CaSO4-2H2O (gypsum) that can be of high enough quality to use in wallboard and other products. The process by which this synthetic gypsum is created is also known as forced oxidation:

CaSO3(aq) + 2H2O(l) + ½O2(g) → CaSO4 · 2H2O
(s)
"

I only mention the above because I'm guessing differences in colour are probably largely only with mined gypsum, rather than byproduct-reclaimed, but I'm happy to be educated a bit more by someone more knowledgeable on the subject.

Where can I buy this wonderful product?
Can’t get multi or board finish you can get bonding or dab looks like I’ll be troweling up bonding for a few weeks
Where can I buy this wonderful product?
Can’t get multi or board finish you can get bonding or dab looks like I’ll be troweling up bonding for a few weeks
Hi,
Drywall Tools Direct in Warwick has ordered in Carlite from Ireland. There stock arrived last last week and I received my order today.
Cheers

Yeah. Mostly on sale down south, up with us it's mostly the Carlite and ultra. That stuff arite too like.

So this carlite finish is the same ish? As multi but from Ireland?

I spoke to walls and ceilings today and they have delivery tomorrow of carlite.